Sign in to follow this  

Do i have the worst luck or has this happened to other people?

Hello! So the other day I was riding and found that my rear hub had cracked! Im betting the bearings were the culprit. The bike seemed hard to push but I ignored it due to being home from college and having that itch that I'm sure you are all familiar with. Has a cracked hub happened to other people? Ive never heard of this sort of thing before. Crazy huh? always something to fix right? On the bright side I'm getting a pair of tusk rims for christmas now!

post-265866-0-12971700-1450753942.jpg

IMG_0124-2.JPG

IMG_0122-2.JPG

I highly doubt this was the case, if anything the chain was too loose. I have not adjusted the chain for a very long time, I just haven't had the time to ride recently. I don't think it has been adjusted since the beginning of last summer! 

I highly doubt this was the case, if anything the chain was too loose. I have not adjusted the chain for a very long time, I just haven't had the time to ride recently. I don't think it has been adjusted since the beginning of last summer!

Yeah that'll do it.

how tight were your spokes?  Let the bearings or the spokes go, and the hub is soon to follow

pretty common actually

P5010023.jpg

You have no one to blame but yourself, unless there was a factory defect, or, you 'over rode' the equipment.

Everythying Everything Everything on your bike needs maintenence and care.

If you just ignore maintenence and wait till things fail, it's not luck, it's NEGLECT.

• Like 5

You have no one to blame but yourself, unless there was a factory defect, or, you 'over rode' the equipment.

Everythying Everything Everything on your bike needs maintenence and care.

If you just ignore maintenence and wait till things fail, it's not luck, it's NEGLECT.

agreed, but I've had bearings go on a ride that didn't have any symptoms prior. Most of the time they can be felt, but not always

• Like 1

Like I previously stated I did notice that the bike was hard to push. But I ignored it. It was most likely bearing failure. I've never had bearings fail on me like that. I've been riding for 17 years and never once had bearings fall apart on me like they did. I do not disagree it was my fault. But to some extent it was luck that a bearing would detonate like that.

Like I previously stated I did notice that the bike was hard to push. But I ignored it. It was most likely bearing failure. I've never had bearings fail on me like that. I've been riding for 17 years and never once had bearings fall apart on me like they did. I do not disagree it was my fault. But to some extent it was luck that a bearing would detonate like that.

That bike looks like you rode it for 17 year straight lol.  Simple maintenance neglect of lubing/checking bearings.  Ive seen this before, some of my friends buy a bike and never even wash it off, let alone do the proper maint at least yearly.

This is just a factory defect it has nothing to do with spokes,bearings or chain tension, i have seen this on late model KTM's and other various bikes just happen.

That bike looks like you rode it for 17 year straight lol. Simple maintenance neglect of lubing/checking bearings. Ive seen this before, some of my friends buy a bike and never even wash it off, let alone do the proper maint at least yearly.

Talk about jumping to conclusions huh!? How can you make such a statement when all you see is the hub of a dirt bike. That picture was taken during my ride. I was not even home yet. It's obviously going to be dirty.