Sign in to follow this  

GASGAS EC 300 2008 VIN No location

hi dirt lovers... i have recently required a GasGas EC 300 2008..with a v5...i ran a HPI check that came back positive..last mot expired 25 /7/14 day time only..since then it passed hands with a powder coated frame and never mot'd..just used off road..i did not check for a vin number (gasp) and i dont know were to find it..the last owner does not know and the powder coating must of buried it ..we guessed it will be somewhere on the stem in front of tank..but which side, if at all..i want to mot her.so will need to recover it..i am new to 2t and the dirt..my plans are to ride green lanes and learn the technique's on slow speed control for gnarl terrain's..after having ridden tarmac on superbikes..any help would be gratefully appreciated..thanks steve

Look on the front wheel side of the front  downtube, just under the steering stem. May need to clean off some PC'ing.

RB

thank you RBrider for your post..i think i may of solved that vin number issue..i came across a number on a bracket (engine to frame) nr radiator..so it was thought out before the powder coating..i now have another issue..the fuel is low and maybe in reserve but i dont know in what position this tap should be in,it wont fire up i have tried all the positions..i will fill her up tomorrow but need to have the tap at the correct setting..i ordered a manual..if you know the setting please can you let me know ..regards steve