Sign in to follow this  

10' or 12' crf250?

10' or 12' Crf250r

Ok I am debating on buying one of three bikes. The first one I have not yet looked at in person. It's a 2010 Crf250r. Based on the pictures alone it appears to be in great condition. The owner claims to only have used it as a trail bike a few times but lost interest. He is the second owner. For what it's worth he seemed honest. He is asking 2400.00$

Second bike is a 2012 Crf250r. I looked at it and it was spotless! The owner was very knowledgable and estimates it to have about 30 hours on it. He is the original owner and has the paperwork. This bike is mainly stock with the exception of a full yoshi. He is asking 3500.00$ The reason he is selling it is because he can no longer ride due to work and family.

Third bike is a 2012 Crf250r. One owner, very clean bike with many aftermarket parts. The owner has receipts of the purchase a long with receipts for all the aftermarket parts. this bike also has a full yoshi. This owner also bought it as a leftover in 2013. He is asking 3000.00$ The reason he is selling it is because he got in to some trouble with it and ran up a 2600$ fine. This bike also comes with some gear including a neck brace.

All of the bikes seem great, I just need to see the 2010 in person to confirm. My question is what would be the best buy? Is there a huge difference from 2010-12? Thank you in advance for your input.

I would buy one of the one owner bikes. you never know what could of been done with the 2010 with the first owner

Some 2010's had faulty cranks. It was the first generation so by 2012 some of the bugs were worked out.

+1 on faulty cranks as well.

Thank you! I ended up grabbing the 2nd one for 3500. The kid with the 2012 for 3000 was trying to pull a stunt. But I could not be happier with the one I purchased. The owner was a first responder for the same city I work for so it worked out perfectly. I'd post a picture but I don't know how just yet lol. Thanks for the help!