Sign in to follow this  

2010 KX250f neutral switch disconnect

Brother in law purchased a used 2010 KX250f, during some maintenance I found the

neutral switch disconnected it appears intentional as the terminal inside the plastic

cover is shrink wrapped.

My question is why would someone do that?

I'm guessing the switch is only there for ign mapping in neutral for sound tests?

any ideas?

Brother in law purchased a used 2010 KX250f, during some maintenance I found the

neutral switch disconnected it appears intentional as the terminal inside the plastic

cover is shrink wrapped.

My question is why would someone do that?

I'm guessing the switch is only there for ign mapping in neutral for sound tests?

any ideas?

I have no idea on this particular bike, but from experience alot of sport bikes have a lower rev limit and a much worse ignition map when the ECU thinks it's in neutral. 

Might have been done by someone so they could start it in gear?  Maybe they had a reckluse? 

If it were me, and I had no better info to go on, I would fix it properly. Maybe the neutral switch crapped out and they just wired past it. Who knows. 

I have no idea on this particular bike, but from experience alot of sport bikes have a lower rev limit and a much worse ignition map when the ECU thinks it's in neutral. 

Might have been done by someone so they could start it in gear?  Maybe they had a reckluse? 

If it were me, and I had no better info to go on, I would fix it properly. Maybe the neutral switch crapped out and they just wired past it. Who knows.

Thanks for the input, my thoughts exactly on the lower rev limit in neutral (when connected).

No e-start and no rekluse on this bike. Can't hurt to test the switch though.