Sign in to follow this  

Christmas present

I bought my son a kx65 for Christmas. He used to ride a crf70. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the bike in the living room. He's 9 and says he wants to be a professional motocross rider. Hahaha. Think we will be riding Christmas Day. Supposed to be in the 60's up here in CT. There is no better feeling then tearing it up and riding with your son.

• Like 16

I would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall in your living room.  Fanfrickingtastic! 👍:awww::cheers:

• Like 7

No better gift!!  My first new bike was a KX60, and coming from an early 80s XL80, man did I love that thing.  Scary fast, and my dad convinced me to shift before the powerband until I got used to it.  Needless to say probably good advice considering the power difference.  Depending on your son's level, you may want to encourage the same.  A CRF70 is a bit slow.  There's something about that bright green on xmas day, I don't think any color creates the same emphasis. Get ready for huge grins.  Oh and btw...my folks put a huge box under the tree, which housed another box, and another box, and another box....and the last one had a special fork wrench or something in it.  And I was wondering...what the heck is this?  Pretty good entrance.   👍

• Like 4

I went from a crf 70 to a KTM 65 in 5th grade. scary at first but taught me a lot, make sure he takes it slow and gets used to the powerband cause little 65s are rockets. hope you and him both enjoy it and I would love to see that reaction. Merry Christmas to all reading this.

• Like 1

The wife now works at a dealer and the parade of parents picking up bikes for the kids is rather long.

• Like 1

Dude that is awesome! Hell yeah there's no better thing than tearing it up with your son! My 9yr old rides a DRZ110 and I grin like a fool every time we ride together! Have a great Christmas! It will prob be warmer in CT than CA on Christmas Day!

Sweet!! Hopefully this will start a lifetime of happy trails for you and your son. Hope he has the proper safety gear!

. I got him the leatt 5.5 so he can get rid of that plastic roost deflector and a new pair of fox com 5 boots. He already has a helmet and goggles
  • Like 1

That's what it's all about! Post pics

how did it go?

he's riding probably, haha Edited by Rooster72
  • Like 1

I bought my son a kx65 for Christmas. He used to ride a crf70. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the bike in the living room. He's 9 and says he wants to be a professional motocross rider. Hahaha. Think we will be riding Christmas Day. Supposed to be in the 60's up here in CT. There is no better feeling then tearing it up and riding with your son.

Awesome, dude. You need to fix a go-pro aimed at his face for when he feels that powerband for the first time!  👍

• Like 3