250x with Turbine core 2 silencer

Anyone else using this silencer? I have a noticeable flatspot in the midrange since putting it on.

I have leaned the needle out to the top clip of the factory needle with no change in the flatspot as of yet. A quick flick of the clutch brings it back up on the pipe but I would like to resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Anyone else using this silencer? I have a noticeable flatspot in the midrange since putting it on.

I have leaned the needle out to the top clip of the factory needle with no change in the flatspot as of yet. A quick flick of the clutch brings it back up on the pipe but I would like to resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Yes, that has been an issue with the turbine core 2 silencer on the yz250x. Kind of weird to me because I have ran them on every ktm I have owned and never had this problem. I followed what cubera said and that was to install the fmf fatty along with it and that fixed the problem. Runs stronger everywhere now.

• Like 2

That's strange.  I have the same silencer and have no flat spot.  It's been cool here so running stock jetting with AS out to 2-1/2.

That is strange. We average about 800 ft above seav level here how about there in AZ?

I am going to put the stock silencer back on for the next ride and see if I can't isolate the problem.

Anyone velse running a Turbine Core silencer on their X?

That is strange. We average about 800 ft above seav level here how about there in AZ?

I am going to put the stock silencer back on for the next ride and see if I can't isolate the problem.

Anyone velse running a Turbine Core silencer on their X?

I'm running between 2k to 3k ft now that it's colder.  You may be going the wrong way with your jetting.  You should actually be as rich or richer than me depending on temps. 

I'm running between 2k to 3k ft now that it's colder.  You may be going the wrong way with your jetting.  You should actually be as rich or richer than me depending on temps.

I was kind of thinking the same thing maybe I will richen the needle a clip and see if that helps for the next ride.

Thank you for the input.