Sign in to follow this  

Splitstream engine breather

So I'm new to the fuel injection 4 strokes, I was a 2 stoke guy all my life.

I have a 2013 crf450 and I bought the splitstream engine breather kit for it. Pardon my ignorance here, but exactly how do I install this?

The kit comes with the hose and an anodized plug. I'm assuming I'm taking the hose in which is currently installed that runs up to the Y connector and replacing it with the splitstream hose. However, am I removing the hose that runs from the Y connector and goes to the air box and plugging the air box with the anodized plug that was included in the kit?

I have attached a picture for reference. That is the hose that is on the top of the air box on the left side of the bike

Thanks

1450896242681.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on the exact install, but from what I understand you toss the current setup, plug off the airbox and run the splitstream from the head vent down.

you should be able to find a youtube video or direction online.  I know I read it somewhere because I was going to get one.

I actually figured it out. Remove the current Y system, plug the air box vent with the plug and connect the breather directly to the hose coming from the valve cover - like you said. Thank you for the reply though

I made my own but these things are great when the bike goes down and it's still running, no more air box full of oil