Sign in to follow this  

YZF250 Deep Purple Paint

Hello,

I have a 2001 YZF250 and the frame's paint has come off near the footpegs so I'm looking to paint it again. I have found RSBikePaint.com but after VAT + Shipping it comes to £39 for a 400ml aerosol. That's way out of budget, does anyone have some suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Hello,

I have a 2001 YZF250 and the frame's paint has come off near the footpegs so I'm looking to paint it again. I have found RSBikePaint.com but after VAT + Shipping it comes to £39 for a 400ml aerosol. That's way out of budget, does anyone have some suggestions please?

Many thanks.

I have found this one to be "close enough" for frame paint at a reasonable price:

http://www.autozone.com/1/products/184363-sonic-blue-pearl-perfect-match-paint-bfm0378-dupli-color-bfm0378.html

Carefully applied it blends well and you can't tell the difference.    

Thanks, that looks good enough, however I can't find anywhere in the Uk that sell it?

Thanks

I'm from the uk too. Try and find online or near you I think "rainbow paint", they're paint shop that can colour match paints and do cans for reasonable price. If not, halfords do decent paint and lacquer. Just don't spill petrol on it as its ruins it.

• Like 1