Sign in to follow this  

Just got my first 3 stroke dirt bike

It's faster than a 4 stroke, and it doesn't require as much maintenance as a 2 stroke. And all you guys over here arguing about 2 stroke vs 4 strokes...blah!

Merry Christmas!

OK, I'll bite; what bike did you get?  Pehaps an electric bike.  You know what they say about 300's.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by Chas_M

It's an '03 YZ187.5T. They are kinda rare.

It's pretty sweet 😉.

PS - wasn't trying to bait...just playin around fellas!

Edited by Irishman301
  • Like 4

It's faster than a 4 stroke, and it doesn't require as much maintenance as a 2 stroke. And all you guys over here arguing about 2 stroke vs 4 strokes...blah!

Merry Christmas!

Yeah, but the real question is, what kind of oil you runnin in that thang?

• Like 1

Some have referred to the Kato 300 as a 3 stroke... but your bike is better. The only possible answer to that oil question is easy.... Rotella.

Have you dynoed the engine with race gas for best power band color???

I heard a rumor Santa had one secretly installed under the seat to help out the reindeer.

Merry Christmas!

Only because it's Christmas time I put a red and green power band on it. It came purple stock.

I love my YZ187.5T 🙂.

4 too many, 2 too few, 3 is the perfect number...

Audi ran an add like this when they released their first 5 cyl motor

And how does it actually run without a power band?

Runs nice without the power band, but way better with it on. The green one works the best!

And how does it actually run without a power band?

i thought they use a digital regulator instead of a traditional powerband on the all the three stroke machines, you just need a laptop with ya on the trail to adjust the peaks... yes, I said peaks (plural); digital PB's give you three peaks instead of one, makes for really strange sounding goon revs, but they work better for hill climbing since the power comes in waves

I suppose it could be fitted with an analog adapter to make it work with a traditional powerband....well, except the yellow powerband, the adapter would never hold it for more than just a few laps

Edited by bobsled

Ya that's like the only problem with the 3 stroke...you need to run it with a laptop so you can digitally convert the analog power band. It's tough riding with a laptop at first, but the 30 extra horse power gain makes it worth it. And yes, the yellow power band is the best one IMO.

😉

PS - cool...smiley faces turn into cool pictures on here!

I suppose it could be fitted with an analog adapter to make it work with a traditional powerband....well, except the yellow powerband, the adapter would never hold it for more than just a few laps

Yea it would be a shame to miss out on all the new slip-on power bands.

Ya that's like the only problem with the 3 stroke...you need to run it with a laptop so you can digitally convert the analog power band. It's tough riding with a laptop at first, but the 30 extra horse power gain makes it worth it. And yes, the yellow power band is the best one IMO.

😉

PS - cool...smiley faces turn into cool pictures on here!

Yea it would be a shame to miss out on all the new slip-on power bands.

have ya'll seen the new powerbands that change stiffness/color at different heat ranges? they tighten up as you get the engine hotter and hotter, allowing you to get better peak power as you ride harder. it's the next big thing, I can tell

Ya’ all need to get a pair of them newfangled virtual reality googles.  Ya’ sit on the seat switching between analog and digital in the blink of an eye adjusting the powerband rainbow, waves, torque , and traction on the fly…..  No hill too steep no creek too deep!!!