Sign in to follow this  

Key kill switch install yz250

Wondering if I could install a key kill switch or if there is a way to stop theift or prevent the bike from being started

I have found a key kill switch but it's a 4 wire switch will this work?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1450998482.473161.jpg

I know you "could" easily install a key switch however a GOOD lock through the front or rear brake disk would be cheaper and make the bike a royal PIA to move. I recommend locking the brake disks and then chaining the bike through the frame to another bike or anything sturdy. It can always be stolen by a determined thief but if it requires work, they will move on to something else. Locks like anything else you get what you pay for so defiantly don't go for low cost.

• Like 1

Outboard or mower key switch work. Thieves don't ride your bike away though.

Outboard or mower key switch work. Thieves don't ride your bike away though.

I could see where it would come in handy out in the desert or somethin....

If you absolutely want to have a kill switch like that, be best to hide it somewhere.

Best to cable the frame to something if at all humanly possible. Disc locks work but you can still get the bike into a truck.

I would chain it to something with 2 chains 1 titanium with a master lock 1 steel and I would have a disk brake lock I just don't want someone starting it while I'm at work and I want another level of protection