Sign in to follow this  

Acl/Mcl torn again?

Hey im looking for any info from a medical proffesional, smart person or other people who have had acl/mcl surgeries. I had a acl/mcl surgery about 7 months ago and today my knee just popped out like it used to, before my surgery (other torn acl/mcl people know that pop out) but i was wondering if it just popped out, like any other persons would, or if it has to do with my acl/mcl, or surgery

You can be certain that the ACL graft, and possibly the MCL has failed.  If such a person was desirous to returning to their previous lifestyle, then they need to seek out the services of an Orthopaedic surgeon who is comfortable draining the the swamp and relocating the alligators.  Not every butt head with nice manners, a BMW, and a neat website can do this kind of work.

• Like 3

You can be certain that the ACL graft, and possibly the MCL has failed. If such a person was desirous to returning to their previous lifestyle, then they need to seek out the services of an Orthopaedic surgeon who is comfortable draining the the swamp and relocating the alligators. Not every butt head with nice manners, a BMW, and a neat website can do this kind of work.

So you think it was the doctor that messed up, not the cadaver?

Cadaver grafts fail in excess of 25% of the time in young people.

A surgeon who would install one in a youngster, should not be practicing.

• Like 1

I had a acl/mcl surgery about 7 months ago and today my knee just popped out like it used to, before my surgery (other torn acl/mcl people know that pop out) but i was wondering if it just popped out, like any other persons would, or if it has to do with my acl/mcl, or surgery

well, my knee has never popped out or done anything weird except when I tore my acl, and then when I fell over in my backyard a week later (which made me finally go to the dr, where I found out I tore my acl). so it's definitely not right. If your graft failed, then that sucks, and I'm truly sorry. I've had 2 medical repair procedures fail, and after all the pain, suffering, work and expense it's a devastating blow. If I were you, I would go see a real doctor, the kind who can just move your knee around and tell  you if it's f*#'ed without an MRI. If it is f*#'ed, then I'd strongly consider getting it fixed right next time. One thing I learned from my failed collarbone fix is that it's worth considerable extra trouble to get it done right the first time, even if it means having to travel.

Cadaver grafts fail in excess of 25% of the time in young people.

A surgeon who would install one in a youngster, should not be practicing.

man this sucks especially since the first time it was torn the doctors said i sprained it and i lived with it popping out all the time for 5 years lol