Sign in to follow this  

Left hand rear brake install trouble

I am installing a left hand rear brake on my 2015 Zero FX. I have attached some images of the stock rear master cylinder and then it taken apart. You can see I pulled out the plastic barb that connects to the fluid reservoir. Inside the master cylinder you can see an inner ring, which is a rubber stopper that the stock connector goes into. I think If i pull out that rubber piece inside there that the dual fitting circlip piece will fit in there, but the instructions specifically say to use the rubber fitting, which there is no what that piece is going to fit if I do. Also I am not sure what to do with the metal ring on the dual fitting. Is my dual fitting just incompatible? On a side note, that dual fitting is supposed to replace the fluid reservoir intake and it connects up to the new left hand master cylinder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DualFitting.jpg

StockPlasticFitting.jpg

It looks like you have to remove the original piece and insert the piece the new bolt is screwed into.

It looks like you have to remove the original piece and insert the piece the new bolt is screwed into.

When you say remove the original piece you mean the rubber ring inside the master cylinder?

I talked to tactical mindz (where I ordered the kit from) and he suggested I order a rear master cylinder off a 2003+ zx6r.

Thinking about it I don't think it will work with your MC. There's normally no pressure where the reservoir feeds the MC. If the new piece just clips in I would think the pressure when you use the bar mounted lever would pop the fitting out. It needs to be held in tight.