Buying a 09 frame for a 02 yz250?

Hey guys. There's a guy local that is parting out a 09 and I have a 02 that I was thinking of restoring. Can I buy the frame and just swap everything over?

The rear brake/master, forks is a no, not sure about swingarm.

Some say the subframe fits, never tried it. 

I think if you buy the longer stem of the later model frame/triples and press into your 02 triples they should work.

Better idea would be to buy the frame and front end/triples/suspension from the guy parting it out.

I think the Swingarm will work. 02 up should all be the same.

Will my triples and forks not work?

Aluminum frame vrs steel, I am pretty sure the triple stem on the Alu frame is longer. There are guys on here that have done the SSS swap onto their steel frames, if I remmedber it's press the stem out and the other in to make it work. I have never done the switch from Alu-steel, so I am just going on what I have read over the web. Do a search and see if you can find it, check the sticky and see if there is something there. Being Christmas, the site is not live. Just us poor suckers that have nothing better to do. But.... I am getting tired so I am watching a show and turning in. 

/\ what he said... 

Edited by PALMER84ONE

Hey guys. There's a guy local that is parting out a 09 and I have a 02 that I was thinking of restoring. Can I buy the frame and just swap everything over?

There are plenty of threads on this.

"If you don't see what you are looking for...

TRY THE SEARCH FEATURE! Seriously, there’s a mind boggling amount of information on this forum..."

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1032448-faq-yamaha-2-stroke-read-before-you-post/

I don't mean to be harsh, but c'mon, do a little homework.

....Being Christmas, the site is not live. Just us poor suckers that have nothing better to do...

^^^ Yeah, that would be me.

I wish Kazuma the best of luck. I bet he could end up with a pretty slick bike.

And when are you gonna built an AL bike, Palmer? :busted::prof:

^^^ Yeah, that would be me.

I wish Kazuma the best of luck. I bet he could end up with a pretty slick bike.

And when are you gonna built an AL bike, Palmer? :busted::prof:

Crap, with prices around 5gs for a left over 14-15 no way to compete unless someone wants customs build of hubs, wheels, trans, Rekluse, etc. now that I have a bottom end out on my personal 02, I'm swapping everything to a 04 because I register in AZ. 48mm forks. My big upgrade. Hahaha...

Sale the 02 in cal hell ifornia.

Edited by PALMER84ONE