Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Line

Recently bought 5 acres. Just bought a cheap and small off road mini dirt bike for the kids from an Online Auction (new) to get used to riding before we upgrade to better bikes. The manual doesn't say very much about the model or troubleshooting. The compliance plate says its made by WUYI SHINENG BIKE INDUSTRY CO. LTD., 2012, TYPE 2T Model SN-GS395.

The manual says to open the fuel tap to start. When I open the Fuel Tap, fuel pours out all over the place. I've traced it back to a hose that is connected to the tap. The other end of the hose is just dangling so I guess it needs to be inserted in to something (where the fuel needs to get to). There looks like a few different fittings the hose will fit so obviously I don't want to get it wrong.

Can someone help as to where the other end of the hose should go. Image attached.

Yes now it's visible,

Most probable fuel line from tank would slip onto fitting #3

Fittings #1 & #2 look to be air vents / overflows, their lines should be routed

near the bottom of the engine (behind it, near the lower shock mount) and simply vented open to atmosphere.

Edited by mlatour

i figured it would be fitting No. 3. i managed to get one kick out of it (for a minute split second) now can't get it to run.

This is what i'm doing:

Open the fuel tap

Open the choke

kick start while revving

No life, no movement... Any suggestions? I'm at wits end.

(as you can tell I have no experience in motor biking)

You are likely flooding the engine by turning the throttle while kickstarting.

Perhaps a few tips that can be helpful:

Don't touch / add any throttle as you are kicking it, only start adding some throttle once it fires up.

On a cold engine, use the choke.

Once it start, turn the choke off and keep it from stalling with throttle only.

If it stalls, try again leaving the choke on for a bit longer. (choke requirement is very depended on ambiant temps)

If re-starting a warn/hot engine, don't use the choke nor the throttle while kicking.

If the engine is flooded, (smells like raw gas, won't start)

Either cold or warm, leave the choke off and hold the throttle wide open while cranking.

If it doesn't start after 4-5 kicks, leave the bike sitting for 15-20 minutes (for some fuel to evaporate) before re-trying the 'normal' starting method.

Cranking tip:

Slowly cycle the kickstarter until you find the position of maximum resistance,

return the kickstart lever to the top of it's stroke, then kick it with force.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1