Sign in to follow this  

Golden Tyre

Hey guys. Anyone running Golden Tyres? If so what ones do you have and how are they. Also where do you guys get them in the US. I'm also open to other tire suggestions if you have a favorite. I currently have a maxxis desert it on the rear, I like it so far. But my front is pretty well gone so I'll replace that right away with a rear to follow when the maxxis is done.

Thanks in advance.

My beta x trainer came with Golden Tyre's. I couldn't wait to get em off! Was not impressed, BUT i have been running rear trials tires forever so I'm a little biased when it comes to traction. The golden didn't seem to perform any better than any other knobby i've used in the past. I will put it back on for a trip to Arizona where trials tires kinda suck in bottomless decomposed granite. 

Hey guys. Anyone running Golden Tyres? If so what ones do you have and how are they. Also where do you guys get them in the US. I'm also open to other tire suggestions if you have a favorite. I currently have a maxxis desert it on the rear, I like it so far. But my front is pretty well gone so I'll replace that right away with a rear to follow when the maxxis is done.

Thanks in advance.

I have been a fan of the GT216X otherwise known as the gummy. I recently encountered three tires all purchased at the same time and they were production flawed in that they used the wrong compound in the X mould. They were no good in anything but dry hard pack and I took 2 of them back. With the correct compound the GT216X gummy, on 4mm remaining tread, I could stop next to several of my pals stuck on an incline then power away with nary a slip of the tire. The compound is it's secret. It's tread is really not much good without it. They make a gummy enduro I have yet to try. Slaven suggests the Sedona 907HP with 6 psi for CO. He seems pretty solid and I haven't seen him BS people yet, so I'd give that a try for half the price of a Goldentyre. I have bought two of them, one for a 2T and one for a 4T and we're about to see how they do. Edited by Captn Kirk

I have been a fan of the GT216X otherwise known as the gummy. I recently encountered three tires all purchased at the same time and they were production flawed in that they used the wrong compound in the X mould. They were no good in anything but dry hard pack and I took 2 of them back. With the correct compound the GT216X gummy, on 4mm remaining tread, I could stop next to several of my pals stuck on an incline then power away with nary a slip of the tire. The compound is it's secret. It's tread is really not much good without it. They make a gummy enduro I have yet to try. Slaven suggests the Sedona 907HP with 6 psi for CO. He seems pretty solid and I haven't seen him BS people yet, so I'd give that a try for half the price of a Goldentyre. I have bought two of them, one for a 2T and one for a 4T and we're about to see how they do.

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at that Sedona tire as its come up a few times. I may give it a try. Keep me posted on what you think! What front tire will you run with it. I'm thinking of trying the m59.

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at that Sedona tire as its come up a few times. I may give it a try. Keep me posted on what you think! What front tire will you run with it. I'm thinking of trying the m59.

Just bought two of those to put on two new Warp 9 wheels. I've been told in three separate conversations it's the current go-to tire. Don't know yet but will soon. I've been a fan of the IRC Ve35 front and at speed in rocks, been a winner for me. Several of us agree it's a great CO tire. However, I shed tires like racers because.......well, just because I like new rubber. Point being I am not the guy to ask about wear trending. However, I can make two comments. The GT216X is the first ever tire I have run until my pals thought I was sick or something - again, that compound. The wear tendency on my 570 is to shed the front side knobs so we'll see how the M59 trends in that department compared to the VE.

Just bought two of those to put on two new Warp 9 wheels. I've been told in three separate conversations it's the current go-to tire. Don't know yet but will soon. I've been a fan of the IRC Ve35 front and at speed in rocks, been a winner for me. Several of us agree it's a great CO tire. However, I shed tires like racers because.......well, just because I like new rubber. Point being I am not the guy to ask about wear trending. However, I can make two comments. The GT216X is the first ever tire I have run until my pals thought I was sick or something - again, that compound. The wear tendency on my 570 is to shed the front side knobs so we'll see how the M59 trends in that department compared to the VE.

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing what you think!!

Just purchased gt230 and and 216aa 90/100 21 tires . Well I live here in northern Texas have a ride day at red river and a race at patriot park . Bottom line these are the best tires I ever used traction traction and more traction. I climbed up hill climbs I couldn't make it up before . I turn the bike and that's where it goes . Wish I would have found these tires a long time ago . Now I know why Graham Jarvis and Jonny Walker use them .

Edited by Rick132