Forks and shock worked for my weight

CF skid plate

Bpd radiator guards

CF heat shield

Fastway evo air footpegs

Vs

Stock 2016 350xcf

Suspension set for weight

Wont the 2015 suspension be a moot point since i have to have it set up for me anyway?

If that's the case the upgraded bike, from the upgrades, looks raced. That's the first question I ask someone. If they say yes, I shake their hand and walk away. Then go buy the new bike and set it up over time.

If that's the case the upgraded bike, from the upgrades, looks raced. That's the first question I ask someone. If they say yes, I shake their hand and walk away. Then go buy the new bike and set it up over time.

What's wrong with a raced bike?

It's been raced. I don't know about u but I put my bike threw hell. I keep it very well maintained but there is a reason I get rid of it after a season or two.

Not on this one guys

Both bikes are brand new.... 

The 15' is a new leftover that i actually already purchased for 7400. OTD (but may return it) and that's the list of mods that i have in my shopping cart to add to it immediately

The 16' is also new but after paying more for the bike i would not be able to do the mods for quite a while, aside from the suspension which is a must..

Buying a raced bike can be good. Because when you think about it as a racer we need that bike to work every time we kick it over so of course the bike is going to be well maintained. And if you race you most likely have some knowledge when it comes to maintaining a bike or have someone to do it for you.

It's been raced. I don't know about u but I put my bike threw hell. I keep it very well maintained but there is a reason I get rid of it after a season or two.

You wouldn't know the difference between my "raced" bike or any other clean bike so what's the relevance? A clean bike is a clean bike regardless on how it was ridden...

a Profesional mechanic could maintain my bike and given the choice between my race bike or a fresh brand new bike.....I'm taking the new one every time. I put my bike threw alot . After a season u can tell its not like a brand new bike.Everything has a shelf life and will break sooner or later. Expecially a race bike due to the conditions the bike is put threw. I'm not saying every race bike is a shit bike. I'm just saying most ppl don't do every little thing they should to their bikes. Then u go and race it for a season. Ur flirting with disaster.

No comparison between 2016 and 2015

Lol

Very insightful.. Thank you.

Guys, I'm new to off-road bikes and looking for help on an expensive decision.. As a beginner is it worth it to spend the extra money on the 2016..? Is the 16 still worth an extra 2500+ dollars or can spending that money on mods yield a better bike out of the 2015..? Changing the exhaust, battery, and sprocket reduces weight by a few lbs. I have to have the suspension done anyway so it will be the same for either bike, etc...etc...

Will the 2016 be better in stock form than the modded 2015?

Will the 15 hold no value for resale since the 16 changed.?

Just trying to make an informed decision here......

Edited by Piledup

The 16 is way better than the 15 ,get the 16

If you're new to the sport then how would you know the difference. The 15 gives you a Rekluse that should make learning to ride much easier. Chasing the latest model won't make a you a better rider, only time and practice. 3 of my buddies ride 2t 250s and smoke everyone in our group and the bikes are 13 years old, so you already bought a great bike, now go ride it. Once you get it dialed it won't matter.

• Like 2

I got a 2015 250 XCF-W as my first bike ever last october 2015. I added:

- the Rekluse a couple of months in,

- Enduro Engineering skid plate very quickly

- TuBliss tire setup during the summer

- Scotts Damper later in the summer

- FMF 4.1 full system at the start of the winter.

I learnt to ride on it and then I rode around 120 days of single track over the year and it was the best investment I have ever made in my life. I have ridden lots of the single track in colorado and eastern Utah. Obviously still learning and have a lot to learn but this bike made it easy to learn and get confident fast.

The 2016 model has a lot of great improvements. The Rekluse is the really big addition for your shopping list - the rest of your upgrades are going to be nice to haves for you for quite a while. The stock suspension of the 2015 was excellent (in my limited experience for dirt bikes - but I have raced DH mountain bikes for a long time so I know what shit suspension tends to feel like).

If you are looking to ride a lot of trail I would strongly consider the 250 over the 350.