Sign in to follow this  

Considering mixing a YSS rear spring with a racetech front end fork and valve kit.

Money is kind of an object I have the choice of paying off the bike far earlier and piecemealing a suspension set up.  I finally took the CRF250L into some fairly gnarly woods and found the limitation of my suspension.  (so did my back, knees, and shoulders oy vey)

For $654 I can use a race tech front end rebuild and a YSS rear shock.  Personally I feel as if I can live with the front stock suspension.

Or

For $1150 ish go full race tech.  

Is a YSS and a racetech front rebuild with valves a good pairing?  Is it rubbish and should I just save up the other 500/600 for a full race tech set?    I run about 215 lb (im working on that...)

Any feedback is helpful and I plan to do the foolish and possibly use the bike to race in some state cross country races.

YSS is a good shock. They have 2 (I believe) available. I have the £200/10,000bht option which I find decent enough for the crf250l.

I'm having the racetech Spring and gold valve kit installed in the next month or so. Due to the fact that the racetech set up is tailored to your riding style, it's simply a case of correctly setting up the shock to match.

Ultimately, your call.