Sign in to follow this  

2012 rmz 250 runs 20 sec then shuts off.

I've had my 2012 rmz over 2 years now. This is the only problem I've ever had out of it and can not figure it out. Hot or cold fire the bike up runs for 20 sec. I've changed ecm with no luck. Un plugged start stop switch. No luck. Un plugged Mas sensor no luck. Changed fuel pump. No luck. Any one had this problem?

There is a sensor that cause the bike to shut off 20sec after it has been tipped over.. Have you checked this sensor? Some times it gets bent during a power wash, or some one bumps it hard enough..

I've had my 2012 rmz over 2 years now. This is the only problem I've ever had out of it and can not figure it out. Hot or cold fire the bike up runs for 20 sec. I've changed ecm with no luck. Un plugged start stop switch. No luck. Un plugged Mas sensor no luck. Changed fuel pump. No luck. Any one had this problem?

Just a little problem and the resolution I had with my 2010 rmz250.

I had a pretty decent stack a little while ago. Went down hard and bent the sub frame, handlebars, cracked a few hard parts etc.

Got my mechanic to check it all out after the crash and everything seemed to be alright, replaced the damaged parts and had a general check over the bike and checked the internals.

Went to go have a practice the other day and first lap, I found the bike kept cutting out, it would run fine and feel good but would just spontaneously cut out.

Ended up taking it back to the mechanic and he checked all the electrics and he couldn't work out what was wrong.

I had a feeling it was something to do with ecu. So we took it down to the Suzuki dealer and had them hook it up the diagnostic machine to see if they could suss out what wrong.

Eventually after checking a few possible things that could potentially be the problem, they ended up finding that the bracket that holds the sensor on the bike that cuts the power when the bike is overheating/crashed had actually somehow got bent in the crash and was making the sensor falsely read information and resulting in the bike cutting out frequently.

Replaced the part required and hey presto! it ran perfectly.

Everyone I had asked about the problem they had never heard of such a issue, so I just thought I'd post it just in case someone ever has the same issue. Has anyone else heard of this before.

Cheers.