2002 -2004 YZ250 Frames Shared?

Hi,

Does anyone know a way look up to verify if the YZ250 two stroke steel frame bikes from 2002 - 2004 shared its frame with any other Yamaha, and I'm guessing the only candidates would be the the MX / offroad four strokes: the YZ and WR F bikes.

Or does anyone just know the facts?  Just the facts.  And if they are different could you give me some idea as to how different?

Thanks,

Edited by pmxr

2002 is different than 03/04. The frame is only used on the YZ250.

Thank you very much YZJ.  It doesn't get any better than that for an answer.

Here's where I am going with this:

Does anyone know the difficulty involved in putting the Yamaha 250 2stroke (from same years or newer) into a 2003 or 2004 250F frame, or even a 2003 or 2004 450F frame?

I did search for a thread on here about all this but did not find anything.  Or more accurately, the words I was searching for, like "frame", were so common a search returned nearly every existing post.

Thanks again,

Heres some talk about fabbing motor mounts, pipe mounts, intake boots and radiators. Theres more out there.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1097025-yzf-250-yz-250/?hl=250+into+250f+frame#entry11779565

Http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1030517-250f-frame-advantages-if-any/?hl=250+into+250f+frame#entry10847528

In the case u just have the parts laying around for both, it would be more worthwhile to sell them, buy a complete bike and spend your time riding than cobbling a 2T and F together. But thats just opinion.

The guys at service honda also may have some input.

If youre a machinist/fab guy then you can make anything work.

Hey you guys I just got a new 2006 yz 85 a year ago and after riding a few times it just bogged out took the top end apart and saw that the piston was seized I later got a new piston and jug put it all together started right up I went to ride it and there was no play in the clutch I then took the transmission cover off and the plates seemed to be fine but the transmission shaft moved in and out... Is this a problem... Can I fix it

2nd thread you've hijacked...

Instead of mixing frame discussions with your YZ85 problems, rather

start your own new thread in the specific Yamaha 2-stroke section of the forum.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1165655-rm250-wont-run-right/

Edited by mlatour

I'm planning on replacing my 04 with a 02 frame, I was told the only thing different was the rear master cyl, the 02 has a reservoir, I hope it's all true, going to the blaster and powder coating in the next couple weeks.

YES!

That is the only difference in "frame", 03 began the no resi, 04 began 48mm forks. Other than that, direct replacements.

I have 10 clamps on my 04. Everything on my bike has been modded or replaced except the frame, so here I go, never leave a unturned bolt behind.....

Don't forget, if you are going 2002 on the frame, just cut the two wire loops off and the 6mm tab that hold the reservoir on and you have the 03-04 frame.