Sign in to follow this  

All new KTM 250/300xcw for 2017?

I am currently in the market for a ktm 250xcw and I am buying new. I have done the research and know that I want the 250xcw for sure, but I if it will be an all-new bike in 2017, I will most likely wait it out. Based on KTM's history, they normally release the new generation for the W a year after the SX models. I have ridden a 2015 factory edition (newest KTM generation) and it is significantly better than the past generation in every way, so it would be worth the 6 month wait. However, in 2016, the 250sx/xc was not all-new and did not receive the changes the rest of the sx line received. So if going by the KTM pattern and that only, the 250xcw by theory would not be all new until 2018. But ktm could also be generating bikes as fast as they can (why most sx bikes received the new updates; all but the 250 and 85) and will be complete by 2017. If they could make over half of the 2016 bikes all new, couldn't they easily make the other less than half of the bikes all new, especially if they've been said to have had these bikes in development since 2015? I've seen a few leaked pictures but couldn't identify if it was fake or not. If anyone has any information on this topic to add it would be much appreciated!

I have also heard rumors about fuel injection for the 2017 models and if they are adding this they will most likely add it to they new chassis and engine, and that's also the reason it took these bikes a year extra to develop than the sx bikes