Sign in to follow this  

PN: 55139904100 KTM Husqvarna 2 Stroke Stator Blues

PN: 55139904100 from the Husqvarna and KTM PowerParts catalogues.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/ca/zubehor/handlebar--instrumentselectric/instrumentselectric/stator-kit/

FYI. The part number above--the upgrade stator for 250-300 2-strokes 2009-2016--has a problem. If you buy it from the Husky or KTM Powerparts catalogue, you will be given all the wrong parts. You have to order directly from TrailTech. (TrailTech makes the stator for the PowerParts catalogues.)

My story: I bought one from Munn racing via the Husqvarna PowerParts catalogue for my 2015 TE 300. It didn't work.

My sad story is here: http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?51...ht=55139904100

And this poor bloke's sad story is here: http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?49...ht=55139904100

I've been monkeying with this piece of sh*$ for two months. I soldered some stuff trying to fix the first one, figured I had ruined it, and being the great guy I am decided I should eat the cost. Not ask for money back. Then, like a complete dumba$$ I paid $200 for a second one that did the same da*& thing. Spent 2 more f&%ki^6^ days in the basement reading schematics online. (I was able to get the headlight to work somewhat by grounding the stator (it's floated)). 

Alex Leather at TrailTech did pro quo field a few calls from me on Christmas Eve. But he couldn't help. However, what he said while hanging up the phone caught my attention. He said if I had bought the stator from TrailTech directly it would have come with this extra harness. Huh, I thought, hanging up the phone. No sh*#, you say, Alex?

Chip from Munn Raching just emailed and said he had seen the problem before. It was the missing harness that was causing the problem. He was going to see if he could get it for me on Monday. 

I'm not too happy with TrailTech. They did talk to me even though they didn't even sell me the part. Credit where credit is due. But the website directions are crap. The pictures don't match the product. The directions don't match the pictures. I've spent hours looking at the pictures, trying to match what I saw I saw on the screen with what was in my hand. There's no consistency. Just a mess. I have no proof but I also strongly suspect this whole mess originates with TrailTech failing to distinguish one stator from another--just like their directions. 

Would I buy from them again? Yes, but if it didn't work, I'd send that sh*# back right away. Have them replace it on their dime. For the price it should be plug and play. No guess work. 

Last thing: You may not even need this upgraded stator. I bought the upgrade because the Husky PowerParts catalogue said I needed it if I was going to use hand warmers. Well, my OEM stator actually doesn't do that bad. When I have the lights on, the hand warmers lose power, but the grips are still warm enough. 

So, I spent $400 and 10-12 hours in the basement just to find out what I really wanted, I already had--just like a fairy tale.

Edited by portlandtwostroke

How about using led bulbs for the headlights to cut power consumption