Sign in to follow this  

been out of the supermoto loop for a while

Hi all! I've been out of the loop for a while... I used to have a drz480sm bb/s fcr41 rhc cams Stainless Steel valves full fmf and the 3x3 mod. I traded it for a buell what a disappointment. I ride an 04 r1 now it's a blast but no dizzer..

Anyway I want to buy another drz and build another 480.. Or if there are new mods out there or tips n tricks I am interested verry much..

So please I don't need any drama about not exploring the forum about new stuff.. Just looking for a good place to start..

PS I was on the forum before as a different un but I forgot it so I made a me profile... Thanks again

• Like 2

Hi all! I've been out of the loop for a while... I used to have a drz480sm bb/s fcr41 rhc cams Stainless Steel valves full fmf and the 3x3 mod. I traded it for a buell what a disappointment. I ride an 04 r1 now it's a blast but no dizzer..

Anyway I want to buy another drz and build another 480.. Or if there are new mods out there or tips n tricks I am interested verry much..

So please I don't need any drama about not exploring the forum about new stuff.. Just looking for a good place to start..

PS I was on the forum before as a different un but I forgot it so I made a me profile... Thanks again

How long ago was that?? I think I remember you...

Only new thing is, there is no 5mm crank now as it has been changed to a 4mm(IMHO a weak link) and Mrd is the go to exhaust. Otherwise, same ole same ole for the drz.

Edited by Debi
  • Like 1

It's been about three years if you can remember that I'm impressed!

LoL wasn't you then....I haven't been on here that long. Anyways...welcome back! LoL
  • Like 2

For the motor builds, I believe the most economical is the +4 bore / +4 stroke 462cc combo, about $800.

Then if you want to go further out, another still sane-ish step is the Max Power RPMs Ice Cube +6.25 bore / +4 stroke 485cc kit for $1300 ("special price"): http://www.maxrpms.com/httpwww-maxrpms-netshopindex-phpmotorcycle-kitsmk-suzukidrz400drz-ltz-kfx-dvx-455-ice-cube-big-bore-1-html/

Edited by Anthon Berg
  • Like 2

There no issues with pushing the head gasket on a bore that big?

For the motor builds, I believe the most economical is the +4 bore / +4 stroke 462cc combo, about $800.

Then if you want to go further out, another still sane-ish step is the Max Power RPMs Ice Cube +6.25 bore / +4 stroke 485cc kit for $1300 ("special price"): http://www.maxrpms.com/httpwww-maxrpms-netshopindex-phpmotorcycle-kitsmk-suzukidrz400drz-ltz-kfx-dvx-455-ice-cube-big-bore-1-html/

There no issues with pushing the head gasket on a bore that big?

That's the interesting part! As far as I know, that cylinder has enough material to support that bore, plus they use a fire ring to clamp things down.

• Like 2

That's the interesting part! As far as I know, that cylinder has enough material to support that bore, plus they use a fire ring to clamp things down.

James509 has the Ice Cube. Maybe he'll pop in here and comment...or you can creep on his posts.
  • Like 1

I am trying to get as much info on a big bore stroker kit my self. I could have sworn in 2003 Duncan racing had a 501cc kit? But it seems gone. Id like to see the reviews on the ice cube 522cc they claim it can be made...is that a 100mm piston set up?

I am trying to get as much info on a big bore stroker kit my self. I could have sworn in 2003 Duncan racing had a 501cc kit? But it seems gone. Id like to see the reviews on the ice cube 522cc they claim it can be made...is that a 100mm piston set up?

Judging from what specs they give on the website, the 485cc and 522cc kits are a +6.25mm bore (96.25mm), plus a +4mm crank for 485cc and then for the 522cc version the use a crazy long stroke +9.1mm crank??

At least that's the only way to make a 485cc kit using a +4mm crank that can be "stroked later for 522cc" and has ridiculously high compression that calls for race gas 🙂

Someone should ask them ...

Last thing is,before i feel iv stole the thunder of this thread, what about a good Head build to go with any big bore? More combustion cabability means more air in more air out. So air box mods, 41mm carb, the best flowing exhaust, stage one or two cams. Bigger valves? I would just assume if all these componints were not changed as well they would just be a bottle neck.