Sign in to follow this  

How much have you spent on dirtbikes?

6k isn't much. Brand new bikes with full mods, top of the line protective gear, all the broken parts, tires, race entry fees, fuel costs, hotels etc..... huge costs.

• Like 2

Christmas was a grand in upgrades on an 8 year old bike. With that said, if you don't care what your bike LOOKS like....I've gotten away with 350 bucks a season. Usually keep a bike a year, love my 08 and so to keep it fresh I spend between 350 to a grand a year on parts the race fees, ama membership, mra membership, cra membership, orv tags....it adds up but slow enough its not that noticeable.

Never mind, my wife read this and says I go in about 5grand on a race season for my son and I. She thinks she knows it all.....I think it's only a couple hundred bucks....

If you have to ask you simply can't afford it, ride what you want and can, nobody has ever taken anything with them in the end.

I spend three to four grand just at rmatvmc. Racing along with diesel and camping probably five grand. Just bought a new bike. So I'm at 18500 for the year! Bought a ranger for the wife to cruise around in and for farm use. Add another 8500.

• Like 2

Probably a good idea if we don't include our medical bills because bikes in this! Lol

In the past couple years I've spent a ton more money on bike related medical bills than on bikes and equipment.  My wife reminds me of that hourly (at least it seems like it 🙄 ).

Way too much. My wife wanted to try learning to ride this year. Ended up buying her a couple of different bikes before finding the one she likes. Then came the gear for her. After she was riding for 6 months she understood why I have more than 1 bike and multiple sets of gear. That is priceless.

So for 2015 2 new bikes for me, 1 new 1 used for the wife. For both combined 2 new full sets of gear plus extra pants, gloves and jerseys. Add up all parts, gas and everything else and I spent way too much.

Off the top of my head not counting hip surgery or back surgery, just bike stuff for me and my 3 boys I can come up with $35,000 with out much thought. I am afraid of what I could come up with actually giving it some thought. Oh ya my wife is just starting to ride so we are working on that added cost as well. Lets just say another $1500 to throw on top for her to see if she does or does not want to ride.

This of course does not take into account any maintenance, fuel, travel, food, tires blah blah blah. That is just bikes, gear and needed equipment to haul.

Wow the more I type this the more I think I could add a lot more!

Probably should quit thinking about it.

• Like 5

There's a saying, "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells my stuff for what I told her it cost!"

The second I check out it will be a drag race start to see who can get to my shop and garage first it could come down to knives and guns. lol
  • Like 3

lets see 1100 for first bike... sold for 700= 400

something like 700 loss on 2nd bike= 700

third bike about a 1000 loss when sold, plus I ate all the mods done (1k)= 2000

old gear=500

Current bike= 6k

mods/rebuilds for current bike= 4500

more gear= 800

Accessories (stands, tiedowns, bike lifts)= ~1k

Over the past decade ~75 trips to the track at 50 each= 3750

About 18k, plus everything I am forgetting, gas, and oil, call it 22.5k

Over about 15 years, so roughly 1.5k a year

Not bad when you look at it like that

Probably about 1k a month if you average everything out. I usually buy 2 to 3 year old bikes and replace them every 2 or 3 years. Averages a 100 to 150 mo for each bike. I spend about 1-2k a year on tires alone.