Sign in to follow this  

XMAS RIDE

We went on 80 mile new ride,Mostly abandoned.If ever anybody went there.Water crossings/mud/Heavy brush.My 230/Of all things CR500/YZ 450 ATV.IMG_2815.JPG IMG_2814.JPGIMG_2806.JPGIMG_2805.JPG    I wish I had pictures,of the water crossings,mud bogs,crashes,Lifting the ATV.When it got trapped,stuck,tipped over.This was only supposed to be 40 mile loop.After we where on Route to come back.I said lets try this canyon,The two other,As LOCO as me.Said lets go.Problem was,We only had Fuel for 50 miles.Because I told the guys only 40 mile ride.The ATV had 1 gal gas,extra on back of his bike.Me and Cr500 started without full tank.The route we found kept going away south,we needed west.Where we new we could get fuel.CR500 was at 1/4 tank,We found old man.At rancho,this is what I traded for two gal gasIMG_2809.JPG. The rancher told us,He only on horse.Goes in Canyon,said for over 40 years.Nobody ever on bikes in there.Next weekend,will post new pictures,Of water crossings/Trail.We where worn out dealing with the ATV.IMG_2803.JPG

• Like 6

If I can trick (I mean get someone). To go back in there,Tomorrow.Will take the time to get,good pictures.Also explore all the cross trails/abandoned roads.Also be smart,start with full tank fuel.The last time I was in this area,Form South going north.We found abandoned rancho.With adobe house,that was over 22 years ago.We never could find that rancho,or area again.Because in San Quintin,many new big ranchos.They changed the landscape,roads even have guard at entrance.So we found,this place after 22 years ago.Only because one rancho,toldCIMG3677.JPG us.He rides horse,in there.Said you guys can make it on bikes.22 years ago,Wolf one of the Donkey people. Where with us on that ride.Guss who he is a Pollock,rides Orange,and not too smart.The rear wheel bearings blew out,we could not keep the chain.On with rear wheel,going side to side.So we had to leave such Ktm there.Xr250 rider.At 260 pounds,rode Donkey people rider doubled back to My home.It was a sight to see,two 260 pound riders on xr250,with back packs.That should be the clue,wolf so you know.Who he is.

• Like 2

Wolf I know your New in Donkey club.Still waiting for you to name the rider? I bet Jimmy boy could answer that one.

i am still new, but the Donkey made sure she'd learn how to ride. i could never repay the Donkey for that. then Jimmy Boy made sure she'd have endurance.

Went back in to new ride area today.This time with talented Xr650r rider,mini Crf230 girl rider.PTDC0036.JPGPTDC0037.JPGPTDC0038.JPGPTDC0039.JPGPTDC0043.JPG           Lots of unfinished,work here.The more we explore,the more we find.                                                                                                      

• Like 2

​Your area looks really great.  I don't know too much about real life in Mexico - just what shows up in the news.  I did spend a week in Chihuahua 15 years ago, and the people were great.  I would be worried about exploring unknown areas.  Here in the states, trail riders can get into trouble when they come across pot growers in the woods.  Do the drug gangs cause any trouble in your area? I hear kidnapping is a big business in some places as well.  Yikes!

• Like 2

​Your area looks really great.  I don't know too much about real life in Mexico - just what shows up in the news.  I did spend a week in Chihuahua 15 years ago, and the people were great.  I would be worried about exploring unknown areas.  Here in the states, trail riders can get into trouble when they come across pot growers in the woods.  Do the drug gangs cause any trouble in your area? I hear kidnapping is a big business in some places as well.  Yikes!

My first time visiting baja 1975.This is what some old timers told me.Take it easy riding,driving here.Dont look for trouble.Dont go to certain places.They old timers Americans living here said.Your from Calif,you would not go to Watts.At night to drink a beer would you.Or go to down town LA at Night.Turn down wrong street.Have not had any problems here.I have been making single track here,long time.About the only problems here,when some of the Aholes.That run big rides here,disrespect ranchers.Then they ruin it for all.I could name two,but thats another subject.So to answer your question,no have not had any problems you mentioned.When Mexicans visit my home,see CN on my TV.They see the school,mall,hospital, Tragedy's.They tell me wow America dangerous.   

• Like 2

I'm glad to know that good people there can have a peaceful life.  The TV machine doesn't do stories like 'BTR had a nice day today'...  Peace, and a happy new year to you and your neighbors.

• Like 2

I'm glad to know that good people there can have a peaceful life.  The TV machine doesn't do stories like 'BTR had a nice day today'...  Peace, and a happy new year to you and your neighbors.

Happy new years to you,and all riders.

• Like 3

Have to add to this,Since I got permission from all 3 ranches.That we pass by,the permission was from only the workers.Not the owners. At Christmas time two of the owners where there.Got there Ok,but third big rancho.Where owner could say No,would ruin ride.The other day.I told my other riders,on winding mountain road to get to rancho.All stay behind me.Dont want head on,with owner if he is here.On worst part road,around blind turn,Down hill. Big 4x4 with large horse trailer,we meet blind turn,narrow.We all stop.I greet him,he tells me he is owner.Young guy,I tell he we been here the other day.He said his workers told him so.So we tell him we are from other city.Tell him best buddy of mine in his town south.Rancho owner,he is Friends with that rancher.I ask for permission,He says.Since I saw on this blind turn how careful you where OK.He then says do you guys have any to do with.Names two big ride groups(that are ruining it for all in Baja) I said I cant stand those guys.He says no GPS,to others.I said we dont even use them.Seems like this owner,has had problems in the past with off road people.We traded phone numbers,I told him.I got large 4x4 diesel.Would happy to haul trailer or two,to help out.So far so good,happy New year.

• Like 2

excellent to hear respect and courtesy paid off.

After riding Calif,for more years then I can remember.All the great riding,from years ago Closed.Lucky The Donkey people,know how to still find good riding.There is many people riding Baja from CA.As Baja has lot to offer,riders need respect people here.So routes stay open.

• Like 3

Wolf I know your New in Donkey club.Still waiting for you to name the rider? I bet Jimmy boy could answer that one.

The coularo is the only one that fits that description [emoji15]
  • Like 1

Have to add to this,Since I got permission from all 3 ranches.That we pass by,the permission was from only the workers.Not the owners. At Christmas time two of the owners where there.Got there Ok,but third big rancho.Where owner could say No,would ruin ride.The other day.I told my other riders,on winding mountain road to get to rancho.All stay behind me.Dont want head on,with owner if he is here.On worst part road,around blind turn,Down hill. Big 4x4 with large horse trailer,we meet blind turn,narrow.We all stop.I greet him,he tells me he is owner.Young guy,I tell he we been here the other day.He said his workers told him so.So we tell him we are from other city.Tell him best buddy of mine in his town south.Rancho owner,he is Friends with that rancher.I ask for permission,He says.Since I saw on this blind turn how careful you where OK.He then says do you guys have any to do with.Names two big ride groups(that are ruining it for all in Baja) I said I cant stand those guys.He says no GPS,to others.I said we dont even use them.Seems like this owner,has had problems in the past with off road people.We traded phone numbers,I told him.I got large 4x4 diesel.Would happy to haul trailer or two,to help out.So far so good,happy New year.

nice needle[emoji106] you always had respect for others. It's what is missing in the world today sadly.
  • Like 1

The one and only

Right answer,how come your not Training the Wolf,How could anybody not know the answer.Yes the Infamous Coularo.So after the blown up wheel bearing scene.Coularo returns to Baja year later.Wheel bearing blow out again,Coularo says.I just put Revised rear wheel hub/bearings,crush sleeve in.You would think the Coularo would bring spare wheel bearings,when he goes to foreign country to ride.I do miss the Coularo,I know if he had gas money he would return here.If anybody wants to know what a Coularo is.Ask any Mexican.Time to go riding!

• Like 2

The one and only

Right answer,how come your not Training the Wolf,How could anybody not know the answer.Yes the Infamous Coularo.So after the blown up wheel bearing scene.Coularo returns to Baja year later.Wheel bearing blow out again,Coularo says.I just put Revised rear wheel hub/bearings,crush sleeve in.You would think the Coularo would bring spare wheel bearings,when he goes to foreign country to ride.I do miss the Coularo,I know if he had gas money he would return here.If anybody wants to know what a Coularo is.Ask any Mexican.Time to go riding!

what about the time his van broke down on his way in! The Coularo loves drama.