Sign in to follow this  

honda plasitcs

I know people have asked this a few times, but not the years im looking at, even with the research ive done. So maybe I can get help here.

Does anyone know if the rear fender and number plates off a 15/16 crf450 will fit my 11? I appreciate the help guys!

Not without modification.  I've seen guys put the 13+ plastics (and even the dual exhaust) on them.

Thanks man! would you happen to know if its a subframe mod, or just making brackets to get it to line up/ mount.

I saw one last year that was a 2011 and the guy updated it to the 2013+ black plastics and dual pipe.  But I never went to look at it because it was far from me.  The pictures of it looked nice, when I talked to him on the phone he said he made the brackets.

It would be worth a try if you are bored in the winter time.  Worst case is you buy a plastic kit and sell it on ebay for $20 less.

Personally I like the look of the 09-12

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjI4VZiwMSA

gives you an ideal of what you need to do, your front fender/numberplate is easy going from 2011 to new plastics.

the parts I don't see working are the shrouds because it seems you will have the lip of the shroud sticking out from the gas tank because the shape is different.

The 09-12 versions look very sleek with no interruptions in the plastic. I tried watching the conversion video and that was just painful. If you want to change up the look then maybe change the plastic colors, graphics and seat cover. My son put an all red Cycra kit and a black seat cover on his. With the graphics it really looks sharp.

• Like 1

The 09-12 versions look very sleek with no interruptions in the plastic. I tried watching the conversion video and that was just painful. If you want to change up the look then maybe change the plastic colors, graphics and seat cover. My son put an all red Cycra kit and a black seat cover on his. With the graphics it really looks sharp.

I agree and not because I own a '12.

I think my next plastics will be white with the stock graphics.

Yeah that conversion looks like shit. Especially around the fuel tank and the number plate all bulged out with no pipe in there. The 09-12 is a good looking bike and graphics are still readily available, so why would someone do this?

• Like 1

Anything is possible. I have an 09 and have considered it too, here are the major issues.

Front fender: easy, several have done this

Front number plate: easy. No issues here.

Shrouds: the 09-12 have a bolt hole that would go unused if using the 13-16 shrouds. No way to make it look good imo but this part isn't difficult.

Seat: it's a different size and shape. Now it's getting difficult, still doable though.

Rear fender: easy but unsure how it would meet up to the airbox and seat.

Side plates: difficult. Basically they have to match up to the seat line, rear fender, and airbox plates. Using adapters would be easy but it still would be difficult to have it look right. Also the left plate will likely be molded for a silencer that isn't there. Not a issue but it may look and feel odd.

This assumes no metal fab is needed. I'm looking for some free 13-16 plastic so I can try this before I drop 100 bucks on plastic.

I don't understand why anyone would try to hobble together parts that weren't made to fit in the first place. If you want the new look buy a 13-16 and be done with it.

• Like 1

I don't understand why anyone would try to hobble together parts that weren't made to fit in the first place. If you want the new look buy a 13-16 and be done with it.

$150 in plastic is pretty inexpensive compared to a $4500 bike.

$150 in plastic is pretty inexpensive compared to a $4500 bike.

Yeah but it will still look like shit when you're done. And it's really not worth it since they don't look all that much different.

Yeah but it will still look like shit when you're done. And it's really not worth it since they don't look all that much different.

If it looked like shit I wouldn't do it. I updated the looks on a Kx250 last year that looked great. Just takes patience and the ability to know when just leaving it stock is best.

If someone made a kit to do this or restyle plastics they would sell a ton of them.

search this thread here...

**2011 CRF450R modified into 2014 CRF450R** RACE BUILD. POWDER COATED FRAME. **RACE BUILD**

Poor guy tried it, and he ended up putting it all back to stock... It was a nightmare. Plastic doesn't make you a better rider, save your money and buy some new gear or better boots 

Even if u make up brackets to bolt the plastics on, they still look like shit as they dont blend with the tank recesses, the airbox, or the seat.

Many have tried and they all look terrible.

This certainly took off in the last few days haha. All I was originally sayin was I wanted to update the back half of my 11 to the 15-16 models. I like how the rear number plates are in conjunction with the rear fender.  I know converting the old style ones is a nightmare and I believe theres a company from (Europe?) that sells a kit for like $600. But that's to update from say a 98-02? model to the 15-16. I was hoping the airbox cover would be the same and have to do little modifications to mount the new numberplates