Sign in to follow this  

Need info on fatty tires

Hey y'all, I keep seeing fat Off-road tires on adv bikes. It looks super cool! Does anyone run these and if so what's the pro's/con's of 'em. And info on what brand and size would be great thanks 🙂

I laced up a 19" 2.15 on the front on a wr400 that I lowered. Ran a 100 on it. It made a very zippy play bike.

Front was great putting around in sand and pushing on hard pack. Only downside really was heavy leaves or pine needles. It would pack them up and slide.

The really tall sidewall did flex if trying to corner fast but bump absorbing was awesome.

Final tire height was very close to a 21" tire.

There was some threads on adv. Rider years ago. Quite a few guys doing it on klr 650s.

Some of what you see are factory bikes with a 19" front or motards running knobbies.

Edited by seer
  • Like 1

Cool, after I posted I thought it might be motards like you said. How are the pavement manners? Seems like you could make a reg bike like a tw200 🙂 always had a soft spot for those lil bikes

Yes SS109 ! That's what iv been seeing. Now where can we get them in the states lol. I really like the oversized look and it would help in the rough stuff.

And the gt230 for the rear

Yes SS109 ! That's what iv been seeing. Now where can we get them in the states lol. I really like the oversized look and it would help in the rough stuff.

And the gt230 for the rear

Secret tires... GT230 sucks too!

20150912_181939_zpsz486zmvg.jpg

Cool, after I posted I thought it might be motards like you said. How are the pavement manners? Seems like you could make a reg bike like a tw200 🙂 always had a soft spot for those lil bikes

it was squirmy on pavement because of my soft sidewall and long soft knobs. It held ok though. The back would break loose before the front .

ADMC sells  Goldentyre's Stateside. I bought one out of England when they were out of stock about a month ago. Even with shipping it was about five bucks cheaper.