Sign in to follow this  

Steel Clutch Basket?

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can purchase a steel clutch basket for the YZF/WR Motor? Before I end up getting one machined, I've looked everywhere on the web and I can't find them for the 250F?

Thanks,

Ben.

I've looked at Hinson ones, They seem to make them for every other bike apart from the YZ/WR250F, Needs to be steel not alloy, Thanks.

Why do you want a steel basket?  The hard anodized baskets' surfaces are much harder than normal steel, and I am sure you can buy a hard anodized basket for far less than you could get a basket machined from steel.

If you are wanting to increase the flywheel effect, just add weight to the flywheel or install the GYTR increased mass flywheel.

What year YZF are you needing parts for?

Thanks for your response,

It's complicated why I am after a steel one, It's for a WR (2007-08) Motor which is in a trials bike, So I need all the flywheel weight I can get, It's already got weights added to the flywheel but still more is needed, So I thought a heavier clutch basket would work well, I just wondered if anybody in the US Machined them in steel, But it looks not!

May be cheaper to have the crank weighted and balanced

Yes I suppose that would work, Just the small job of splitting the cases :(

Barnett has a steel tab (inserts) basket. Also, Rekluse has steel tabs to go on stock baskets but it is part of their Torque Drive manual package.

Just been speaking to Barnett, They have a few ideas for me, Thanks for your reply, Much appreciate it.