Sign in to follow this  

Scotts Steering Damper Question

Hey guys so I have a 2011 kx450f and was thinking about getting a steering damper. I would definitely like to have a sub mount as I think the mounts on top are ugly because it is difficult to run a bar pad. I started shopping around and see that both scotts and brp offer normal sub mounts and they also offer triple clamps. From what I can tell, I don't see any benefit to the clamp unless I'm missing something...  So what is the benefit of spending the extra money on the triple clamp? Thanks!

• Like 1

I don't think there is an advantage with their clamps, but would get the lower bar mount stronger bolts and resists twisting. The under bar mount does raise your bars up.

Hey guys so I have a 2011 kx450f and was thinking about getting a steering damper. I would definitely like to have a sub mount as I think the mounts on top are ugly because it is difficult to run a bar pad. I started shopping around and see that both scotts and brp offer normal sub mounts and they also offer triple clamps. From what I can tell, I don't see any benefit to the clamp unless I'm missing something...  So what is the benefit of spending the extra money on the triple clamp? Thanks!

Lighter wallet?

In reality now a days most people don't need to replace the oem triple clamps. Back in the day the stock triple clamps were very flimsy and if you wanted to run oversize bars it was normally the only way to get them installed on the bike.

Thanks-

Eric