Sign in to follow this  

350 warrior, rev cut out

I have a 1998 350 warrior, stage 2 hot cam, stage 2 jets, dg exhaust.

So after i got that out of the way, my carrier went out and i didnt have the money to replace it quick so it sat in my garage for 2 weeks with the gas on, i know what a dumb a**, so i got a new carrier and i warmed it up and took off up the road, when im at high rpms it cuts out and acts like its gona die, then i let off gas or shift its fine, only at high rpms it does this, i changed the oil and there wasnt gas in it but it did leak on my garage floor, Sorry for the long post but i want to be thorough. Can i get any insite on this? Might need a carb clean, any thing else?

is it jetted for the exhaust too and not only the cams? if so and that's not that it's probably a bad ground

look at the ground wire bolted to the frame and make sure that the paint is scraped off where the wire is attached

I doubt it but I would put some electrical tape around that, and also I think you should check your stator to see if it's bad, I'm not sure on how to do it but I've seen good videos on YouTube that explains how to do it pretty well. the stator could very well be the problem because this wouldn't be the first time I've heard the stator failing on these warriors