Sign in to follow this  

Need help what is this part called?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1451323831.805974.jpg

So I bought new plastics and graphics but I want to buy the airbox covers and cannot find them anywhere! Someone help! I don't know if the graphics will stick to the ruffed up surface. Don't want to see the money go to waste.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1451323831.805974.jpg

So I bought new plastics and graphics but I want to buy the airbox covers and cannot find them anywhere! Someone help! I don't know if the graphics will stick to the ruffed up surface. Don't want to see the money go to waste.

If that's a 2013+ then that would be your airbox.

If that's a 2013+ then that would be your airbox.

So I can't just buy the plastic outer pieces? Or do I have to buy the whole airbox?

You are making near impossible for anyone to help you

Make/model-guessed it is a Kawasaki KX250F

No idea what year, you do not want to divulge that for some reason.Did you look at the online parts listings?

Sorry guys. 2013 kx250f. Looked at parts lists and numbers can't find anything on the part number at all.

Sorry guys. 2013 kx250f. Looked at parts lists and numbers can't find anything on the part number at all.

Sorry for busting your chops but we are not the amazing Carnac (look it up! 😉)

Some air boxes that have a door, you can get the door (or even both outer sides)  as a separate part. In your case, it is the entire box. With care, your can remove the sharp edges of gouges and then buff the remaining edges of the indentation to have a smooth edge, The graphic will stock better but it will have indentation. You have to weigh cost Vs. value  esp. when it is appearance. I do not know of any filler that is workable and flexible for filling plastic scratches.

Sorry for busting your chops but we are not the amazing Carnac (look it up! 😉)

Some air boxes that have a door, you can get the door (or even both outer sides)  as a separate part. In your case, it is the entire box. With care, your can remove the sharp edges of gouges and then buff the remaining edges of the indentation to have a smooth edge, The graphic will stock better but it will have indentation. You have to weigh cost Vs. value  esp. when it is appearance. "I do not know of any filler that is workable and flexible for filling plastic scratches"

Look this up.. Pretty sure they sell it at Wal-Mart for about $10-15 bucks. and it works as good as they say.. "Fixed in Secconds" This stuff can be sanded and machined as well. its not super flexible but it works great for deep scratches and repairs on the plastics 👍

bondic.jpg
Edited by James Mark