Sign in to follow this  

Need input on drz250

Hey y'all, im considering an 04 drz250 that a friend is selling. It's in really good condition. I am shopping DS bikes for my wife and myself. My concern is the seat height is too much for her (5'5") and I hear lowering it hurts the rear setup. And it might be a lil underpowered for me. I rode it and it felt fine in the moment but I'm coming from an XR400. Any input is helpful,thanks

Hey y'all, im considering an 04 drz250 that a friend is selling. It's in really good condition. I am shopping DS bikes for my wife and myself. My concern is the seat height is too much for her (5'5" ) and I hear lowering it hurts the rear setup. And it might be a lil underpowered for me. I rode it and it felt fine in the moment but I'm coming from an XR400. Any input is helpful,thanks

seat%202_zpstbxxbptl-1.jpg

Prepared my seat and lowered it with about 1 inch. Sliced the upper part with a knife and shaped it with file for wood. Still working on finishing it, got the parts for rebuilding front fork and rear shock.

Engine seems to be quite durable and no water cooling nor injection or titanium valves.

Also comes with both e start and kick start.

Hey y'all, im considering an 04 drz250 that a friend is selling. It's in really good condition. I am shopping DS bikes for my wife and myself. My concern is the seat height is too much for her (5'5") and I hear lowering it hurts the rear setup. And it might be a lil underpowered for me. I rode it and it felt fine in the moment but I'm coming from an XR400. Any input is helpful,thanks

I also had an XR400 as qwell as a DRZ250. Even when re-jetted, I would guess the DRZ is down about 10 HP from the XR400. Biggest problem with dual sporting a DRZ-250 is the close ratio transmission which limits top speed. I went from a 13T to 14T CS sprocket and that helped some. The DRZ did have enough HP for most off road riding.