Sign in to follow this  

Yz250f Frozen Linkage Shafts

I'm in the process of greasing my linkage and replacing bearings rebuilding carb etc.But now I'm at a dead stop two of my linkage shafts are frozen I got the nut off but the shaft won't budge any ideas on how to get them loose?

If the bike is still rideable buy some Kroil Oil (google aerokroil) spay it on the affected parts every time you ride the bike, the vibration will promote the Kroil oil to creep into the frozen bolts.  It really works, my buddy had a frozen swing arm bolt on a Honda, took about four good rides but he got the bolt out.  Only can be gotten from Kano Labs the manufacturer thru the mail, or maybe ebay.

• Like 1

I have used an air hammer with success and PB Blaster also works for penetrating oil. 

A couple of times I've had swing arm shafts so stuck that I had to put the frame in a press and press out the bolt.

As mentioned above, penetrating oils need time to work.  A heat gun will help it work, but not a flame.

If the bike is still rideable buy some Kroil Oil (google aerokroil) spay it on the affected parts every time you ride the bike, the vibration will promote the Kroil oil to creep into the frozen bolts. It really works, my buddy had a frozen swing arm bolt on a Honda, took about four good rides but he got the bolt out. Only can be gotten from Kano Labs the manufacturer thru the mail, or maybe ebay.

Your local parts supply store should have it. I'm not talking about orielies, autozone, or advanced auto. Al's automotive supply in St louis, MO carries it.

I know a lot of the time when a swingarm bolt is seized, a dead blow hammer and brass drift can get it done. Would probably work here as well. 

Also to be clear. Are you referring to the bolts as "shafts"...or are you saying the nuts AND bolt came out, but the collars are stuck to the bearings inside the linkage components.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

You tried that deadblow in the pic? And also tried to keep soaking it best you can with penetrant like PB blasters (which i use a lot) or maybe that stuff he said up there ^^ (never used it)

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

PB Blaster.

Great product. let it soak and than you will be able to remove it.

Good Luck.