Sign in to follow this  

Drz 400e battery dying!

So I bought this bike maybe two yrs ago... Didn't have a prob. Recently the bike would die after not using for about a week. But would gradually lose charge. Thought it was the battery so I replaced it. Same problem. Is it the stator?

Read FAQ and follow the procedure to troubleshoot the charging system.

Hey guys. Got a 06 DrZ 400e and the battery is drained within a week..charge it back up and it's fine for a week. What could this be. Thanks

It's a new battery

It's a new battery

First check the motorcycle charging system to see if the battery is being charged by the motorcycle.  FAQ has a procedure to troubleshoot the charging system.

First check the motorcycle charging system to see if the battery is being charged by the motorcycle. FAQ has a procedure to troubleshoot the charging system.

Easiest way is use a voltmeter on the battery when the bike is off and when it's on. Voltage will go up when running.

I bought a new battery a couple years ago, it turned out to be no good. It charged up OK, and the gauge on my charger said the battery was good, but it would be dead in the morning. Charge the new battery and let it sit unhooked for a day or 2 before hooking it up and trying to start the bike

I tried everything to find out why my battery went dead. Charged fine but went dead sitting in bike. Wiring harness has .01 or so amp "leak" in it with key off so had to put a switch between bat and bike.