Sign in to follow this  

New wr125.

No kickstand

on the 4th pic, showing the left hand side of the WR,

you can see some sort of gizmo mounted on the frame near the steering head, (square metallic box, visible above the rad shroud)

on the 3rd pic, long shot here... hard to say for sure

but at this angle the WR's exhaust pipe appears a bit slimmer in the first sections of the expansion chamber.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

What is that bike in the window?!?

Different kind of wr,road going trail bike type thing.they seem to have a few model's that are not sold in the u.s.? Tenere dakar type thing also.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

find out what changes were done to the WR125 blue offroad one. i'm guessing 3-5 wide ratio gears, headlight with more powerful stator, maybe off-road tuned engine/suspension vs the MX YZ125.

Is the black WR125X a 125cc 4-stroke? i bet that is fun to scoot around on!

No kickstand

on the 4th pic, showing the left hand side of the WR,

you can see some sort of gizmo mounted on the frame near the steering head, (square metallic box, visible above the rad shroud)

on the 3rd pic, long shot here... hard to say for sure

but in this angle the WR's exhaust pipe appears a bit slimmer in the first sections of the expansion chamber.

Not 100% sure but the "gizmo" may well be something to do with the lights.

Taking a look at Yamaha Italy's website, we find interesting bikes not offered in north america :

WR125X, a 4-stroke super motard : http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/it/prodotti/motocicli/adventure/wr125x.aspx

YZ450SM, 450F based super motard : http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/it/prodotti/offroad-motorcycles/competition/yz450sm.aspx

Above bikes are indicated to be 2013 and 2014 models.

Also found is the 2009 WR125R (enduro) and WR125X supermoto promotional webpage: http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/it/prodotti/novita/2009/wr125.aspx#gallery=image|image=/it/binary/2009_YAM_WR125X_EU_PWS1_STU_002_03_gal_full_tcm219-427807.jpg

Specs indicate the engine having 15HP at 9000rpms.

Website doesn't appear up to date, so no 2T WR125 infos.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Looks like a yz125 with a battery powered light with different shroud graphics that say wr.

I can't imagine it would be too hard for a dealership to "build" a wr125 to sell. 18" rear wheel, swap gears, retard ignition and put on new graphics (that anyone with a design background can copy to look like the 16 yz graphics).....Kinda like everyone on here has been doing for the past 15 years :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Likely a production model. They've got all sorts of different ones overseas.

Would be weird to split the cases on a brand new bike...and put in some WR gears (From what bike?) and some mystery lighting coil (from what bike?) and revalve/respring, and port and play with the power valve, and swap a CDI and blah blah blah...

Not sayin it couldn't be done...TT'ers could do it...

Thinking the silver box is a regulator rectifier for the lighting system. It's very easy to add a lighting coil and keep the same side cover, so I'm not too shocked about that.

And it's stupid that it doesn't have a kickstand.

But...Im extremely glad Yamaha's putting effort to their 2 strokes. Extremely. Good find.

Looks like they had an oddball one in 2013 too....although I don't know if this italian sites terribly reliable...oooh electric start ...lol

http://www.moto.it/listino/yamaha/wr-125/wr-125-by-motorbyke-2013/YypVns

Edited by SellYour4Stroke
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm betting its just a yz125 with an 18" rear and headlight. They could have at least thrown on the 250x kick stand & mount... I could be wrong, but I would put money on it that it has the same close ratio 6 speed as the yz125... Maybe some porting and power valve differences, but I doubt it even has that. The front and rear suspension may be directly off the 250X?

Headlight is likely powered by a small 30 - 40 watt stator like their wr250. Just enough to pass inspection for rec. reg. purposes.

Thanks for sharing, this is still a pretty cool find. I really hope Yamaha continues to expand on their offroad line. Just curious, how does the price compare to the standard '16 yz125?

• Like 1

Spot on guys,although i did'nt know for sure when i posted the pics the dealer in italy got back to me with this.

Swap to ItalianFull screen close

"WR125 is currently available only for the Italian market , the bike comes from the version CROSS YZ125 is being updated to be able to be used in Enduro races . In Italy the price is € 7990 excluding the costs of registration ."

So just altered yz125's for road registration and enduro racing regulations.btw,They also said that they had'nt gotten round to fitting the kickstand yet.

• Like 1

Abusing the WR badge if the trannys just a YZ.

But Ill stay positive. Im glad the offroad markets getting the love it so richly deserves.

edit:

Looking at the tank graphics...they are aftermarket. Holes, when the factory has slits.

Edited by SellYour4Stroke
  • Like 1

If it retains the same gearbox ratios than the MX version,

calling it a 'WR' was a little far fetched from those who are offering this bike.

With a headlight, 18" rear wheel and a few small changes,

perhaps a YZ125XC model name would be more appropriate.

Edited by mlatour