Sign in to follow this  

CRF450R clutch cover spacer? What is this?

Getting ready to tear my 06 450R down for a rebuild and came across this. I've been looking at oem parts diagrams and don't see this spacer on any of them. It looks to be around 1/4-3/8" thick. The bike has a standard factory style clutch, no recluse style auto clutch or slipper.

crf450r.png

do you know for sure it has a factory style clutch?  I wouldn't worry about it now, you probably just need 2 new gaskets instead of 1.  If you are doing a rebuild you will have time to figure it out once you rip into it.

Well I starting looking through the boxes of extra parts that came with the bike and found an EFM clutch kit. It looks brand new. He must have only put the spacer on and gave up or removed it shortly after and left the spacer on. When I bought the bike he had just put a new clutch in it. I would have thought having an EFM clutch kit included with the bike would have been a good selling point. I just thought the EFM was just the old clutch basket and clutch assembly that he through in the box for spare parts so I never really looked at it very close. This happened to be a pleasant surprise.