Sign in to follow this  

2008-09 yz 250 2 smoker

Hey i have a 2008 yz 250 when i got it the 4th gear was jumping out really bad just 4th though. Well took it to a shop and im told i need a whole transmission okay no problem but i cant seem to find one for sale anywhere ? Does anyone know somebody ? Thanks

Find another shop.

It's doubtful you need a complete transmission to fix your 4th gear problem if all the other gears function properly.

The only way to properly diagnose this problem and make a correct estimate of what is required

is to split the engine cases and inspect all the gearbox components very closely for wear or damage.

The 2005-2016 YZ250 gearbox componants are likely all identical,

so brand new replacement parts are available at any Yamaha dealership or online OEM parts vendors.

Edited by mlatour

There's no such thing as a whole transmission for a dirt bike. The parts are sold individually. You take it apart, see what's worn and replace it.

• Like 2

Yea apparently alot of it is warn and some gears cannot be romoved thats what i am being told so should i just tell him to replace the bad gears

You're getting bad info. If you can't do it yourself; I would send the bottom end to ken o'Connor racing. Likely going to cost less, and extremely likely to be done better.

You're getting bad info. If you can't do it yourself; I would send the bottom end to ken o'Connor racing. Likely going to cost less, and extremely likely to be done better.

How can i reach him i watch his youtube videos