Sign in to follow this  

Selling my CRF230L looking for recommendations on new bike

I bought my 2008  CRF230L last year and didn't ride it for almost a year afterwards.  I removed the emissions junk and added the smog kit as well as rejetted the carb and the bike runs excellent and has enough power for me but the suspension doesn't support my 6-1' 235lb lard ass very well for offroad type riding which is all I want to do with a bike.  I don't want to get into the suspension mods to make it work so I plan on selling it and looking for something different that would suit my needs.  My short list is something like a CRF250R or Yamaha YZ250F but I'm open for suggestions.  I like the simplicity of the air cooled 4 stroke like I have but I know they are hard to come by and I'm not positive what model and year would still have this type of motor.  Basically I just want more ground clearance and a better suspension than what I have.

I like the simplicity of the air cooled 4 stroke like I have but I know they are hard to come by and I'm not positive what model and year would still have this type of motor.

YZ and CRF R are motocross bikes, not the same as the 230F. WR250F is a low maintenance reliable bike. WR250R is heavier but is plateable and an awesome bike.

Pulled the trigger on a 2013 WR250F, can't wait to ride it! Thanks for the input.

You will &%$#@!ing love it.