Sign in to follow this  

2016 YZ250 vs YZ250X

Hi guys, does anyone know what the difference is between the 2016 YZ250 and the 2016 YZ250X, i know price wise the yz250x is $300 more expensive, also compression ratio in the yz250 is 8.9-10.6:1, chain,  and the X is 7.0:1, "O" Ringand weights 2 more lbs. They seem so similar I am not sure what difference does it make.

Hi guys, does anyone know what the difference is between the 2016 YZ250 and the 2016 YZ250X, i know price wise the yz250x is $300 more expensive, also compression ratio in the yz250 is 8.9-10.6:1, chain,  and the X is 7.0:1, "O" Ringand weights 2 more lbs. They seem so similar I am not sure what difference does it make.

I heard the X has reverse and a horn.

http://www.dirtrider.com/2016-yamaha-yz250x-off-road-two-stroke-first-test

A handful of changes. A wide ratio tranny, different pipe, rear wheel, porting, cdi, kickstand, powervalve spring, suspension valving, clutch springs

There are several threads on here about it,

And most of the mag's have done review on it, just search their website

Dirtbike test.com is Probly the most comprehensive

If you ride strictly track buy a yz. If you ride offroad only than the x is way better. If you ride both equal than still get the x. The x is awesome.

• Like 2

If you are riding more offroad, and a bit of track, I think the X is a better option. If it's the other way around, I think the standard YZ is a good choice. Of the YZ suits your needs more, I would also looked at clean used ones as they haven't changed much since 06. You'll be able to buy a clean used unit for considerably less and build it into exactly what you want...

Thanks guys, i think all stick to the yz since i do mostly track, and thanks for the advise, ill look for a used one since it will be a lot cheaper