Sign in to follow this  

Action cam

Hey

Has anyone used a waspcam action cameras? Do they take good video? I've used other cheap ones and they didn't take good video and broke within weeks?

just wondering if this one is a decent camera

Yes they take great footage, actioncam has image stabilization unlike the Gopro and it shows especially with motoX. Mine was $150 and you can connect it to your phone over wifi and download all the footage.

Took this on my actioncam:

(watch in HD) Edited by Muffintop
  • Like 2

Cool I think I'm gonna try it out. Muffintop video looks sweet and that trail looks awesome

Thanks

I'm a Sony ActionCam guy all day every day. Go to YouTube and see the side by side comparisons with GoPro/Sony. The image stabilization, color saturation, battery life are FAR superior to Go Pro and the overall image quality is better imo as well. The Sony has all of the same features as a GoPro and they are significantly cheaper than a GoPro. I'm not sayin g a GP is crap, quite the contrary. It's a great camera but it's just insanely overpriced. The competition has caught up to them now and they're stuck hanging on by name recognition to justify their outrageous price tag. Heck, there are other cameras as well that are even cheaper than the Sony and shoot good video, they just aren't as good "overall".

Edit: spend $5 on eBay and get the attachelment that allows you to use GoPro mounts. The only downside to Sony is their limited mount selections. GoPro mounts are sold everywhere.

Edited by 40acres

So far so good with the wasp cam. And a bonus is you can use gopro mounts with no adapter. Got mine for $120 cnd,and it's worth every cent in my opinion.

A buddy of mine just told me about the wasp action cams. What model of wasp camera are you guys using? I think they have a couple different models may be wrong

Ya they have a bunch of different cameras. The 9901 works well