Post your woods built YZ's

What should I do to make it "proper"? I rode this bike before messing with the suspension. I have ridden friends bikes set up for MX, Hare Scramble, Enduro, etc. I still like being able to touch the ground. If you have any suggestion for me to make it better, let me know.

Because you have the desire to touch the ground fulfilled, changing anything will most likely result in your not liking the bike. It's not that your setup is wrong more then it might not be getting optimal handling because of the lowering. If you can touch and your happy, there isn't really any other better solution.

Ultimately lowering the suspension internally would be the ideal ticket but that comes at a cost.

Because you have the desire to touch the ground fulfilled, changing anything will most likely result in your not liking the bike. It's not that your setup is wrong more then it might not be getting optimal handling because of the lowering. If you can touch and your happy, there isn't really any other better solution.

Ultimately lowering the suspension internally would be the ideal ticket but that comes at a cost.

Understood.

It's also true that lowering the rear without a matching lowering of the front alters the steering head angle by making it shallower, which on a '10 or later may not be too bad a thing for off-road use, but you wouldn't want to do that on an MX bike or on an '09 or earlier model.  Shallower head angles contribute to understeer ("pushing the front"), and that tendency is bad enough as it is. 

The fork simply can't be lowered 2" safely without internal modification (to say nothing of moving the handlebars).

Before and after. No "stink-bug", but the front end isn't too high either.

1451934749443.jpg

1451934770098.jpg

Just finished getting it all ready for the 2016 race season

2.JPG3.JPG

1452536568980.jpg

1452536582190.jpg

2011 yz450f woods setup

All the usual goodies.

1453654991089.jpg

1453655010756.jpg

2014 YZ 450f woods set up

Evo suspension

Baja Designs Squadron Light kit

Unabiker Radiator Guards

SXS Skid Plate

GYTR 4.4oz Flywheel Weight

Tubliss set up

Cycra Bark Busters

Oversize Front Rotor

Updated motor mounts

To do:  Kickstand

IMAG2179.jpg

IMAG2180.jpg

Gotta grab a pic, but I have a Yamaha yz400f. It came with acerbis hand guards, white brothers pipe, and a moose racing skid plate. So far I've added a promoto billet kickstand, flatland racing rad guards, moose racing seal savers, led headlight, and a bib mousse in the rear. I have a 12 tooth front sprocket I may install also. Soon to be getting a yz450 carb, and possibly a different pipe. (The pipe has all the discs removed and is obnoxiously loud. It sounds awsome but I don't want to be that guy)

Probends and a skid plate....the rest stock. Was gonna get a rekluse but it will creep in second gear at about .5 mph and then jump to life like sea biscuit. No need to modify the 16.1472476667185.jpg1472476678361.jpg1472476692457.jpg

And a oring renthal chain and jt steel sprockets, stock gearing. Sorry.