Sign in to follow this  

Dakar!

but  tell me why the entry fee and cost of riding Dakar is so freaking expensive? this is not a sport anymore, you can ride it only with big sponsorship behind you.

so what's the point???     

To actually get to the finish on a bike, you'll need between 70,000 and 250,000 USD.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-it-really-cost-all-in-to-participate-in-the-Dakar

Anyone know of what type of TV coverage or a app to watch this.

Great question, I'm also interested in best way to follow the event.

• Like 1

Anyone know of what type of TV coverage or a app to watch this.

I believe the event website posts daily updates.  Unfortunately here in the US we are stuck with NBC sports carrying this.  Probably a half hour of highlights on a Saturday will be all we will get among all the crappy football and basketball.

• Like 1

AHHH I was just checking out the web site and I'm a big fan of this event and mainly the bikes and particularly the dude's who do this solo on their bikes which unfortunately do not get the coverage of the top guys with the $$$$$ and big team but that's the way this event is.

Looking forward to see how Toby Price will do this year as well as watching the incredible scenery and really what is an epic story of endurance which in today's day and age is few and far between

There is a huge following as well as people participating in the event at ADVrider almost to the point where there is to much info

I started the same thread a few days ago in the Pro forum and I am not going to be posting daily info cus you can get than from the Dakar 2016 web site.

Last year I watched every day races next day BUT not on TV or streaming and hoping I will do the same this year but I should know later today or tomorrow. The web site shows SportsNet in Canada and NBC in the US but last year the coverage was not until six months later, I've got all the SportsNet channels and if they are actually doing next day I will post.

Otherwise, If anyone is interest in watching next day coverage shot me a PM.

Go Toby go!

Not only is he a kick ass rider but very down to earth with time to speak to spectators. 

Edited by dirteta

Yeah he is a champ, saw him ride in the last few fink desert races in straya, that fast his bike barely touches the ground. KTM, red bull and aussie woòoooò

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/tv_broadcast.html#tab3

I saw the above but was slightly sceptical that we would actually be getting the daily 1/2 hour TV coverage in Canada.

Sportsnet 1 on Telus ch 907 HD or 9907 in BC has got Dakar Rally Series list 1/4/2015 at 2:00am PST and 11:00PM PST then everyday at varying times in the evening until 1/14. I'm hoping they are going to cover up to the last day on 1/16 and are just not listing that far our yet.

I understand that this event is not something everybody is going to get into but Im totally in for the duration.

Hate that i pay $80/month for premium Foxtel which is where the sport is suppost to be and all i get is half hour a day on sbs free to air tv!!

Hoping i can download a 3 or so hour show everyday from somewhere else around the world. Half an hour of highlight for the day isnt going to show anything

• Like 1