Sign in to follow this  

parts, parts and parts

hey guys, my father has a 1982 husqvarna wr 250 that hes had since it came off the showroom floor, hes been wanting to restore it since 2007 but hasent had the time, its pretty beat but it runs like new. i looked all over the place for parts but i cant find any. for a list of what it needs to make it rideable again, front wheel bearings or possibly a new rim, gear shift lever, drum brake pads front and back, back wheel bearings, and front and rear suspension rebuild. it could use plastics and a seat but i wanttot make it rideable. my budget is tight but i have till fathers day to present it to him. i have a budget for 400-500 which will definitely rise  over time. thanks for any help guys.

Good luck. It wouldn't surprise me if you're going to be headed to a machine  shop to get most of the parts you'd need. 

You can find wheel bearings at almost any bearing store if you find out the dimensions. Rims will probably fit multiple models. 

I restored a 1982 Yamaha XS400 street bike a few years ago. I was surprised but I could still get a lot of the OEM stuff from a Yammie dealer. Otherwise I found some discontinued stuff on ebay then other stuff that I needed from a XS400 forum where guys were parting out bikes.

IMO see if you can find a forum outside Thumper Talk for the bike or maybe post in the Husky form here