Sign in to follow this  

Time to buy a new dirtbike need some advice

Hi, first time posting here, I have been looking for an answer but havent been able to find the right info, here is the thing I have been riding my 97 yz125 for the last 2 years I used to do street bikes even some track days but now doing dirtbikes and I love it, I do mostly trails and some hill climbing i'm 25 years old, 5' 7" and weight about 185lbs, I want to switch from a 2 stroke I was thinking of buying a crf450x but dont know if it is too much of a bike for me on the other hand there is the 250x but may not have enough power it has to be green sticker, please I need some advice, if you guys have any questions let me know, thank you

450 has balls, you won't notice weight.  Springs should be ok.

Edited by Throttle5

I was also in the market for a green stickered 4 stroke that would be used for 95% dirt 5% road. I looked at the KTM XCF-Ws, Yamaha WRxxxF's and CRFxxxX's. I ended up with a KTM 350 XCF-W with a license plate right from the dealer. Of those 3 options, in my opinion, the KTM is by far the best, the Yamaha WR would get my second vote and a very distant 3rd place would be the Honda.

I'd be careful buying any used Honda. It took them a very long time to resolve valve problems. A new one would probably be OK but the Yamaha's are bullet proof in any year.

Thanks guys I will look into the ktm, if I wait like six months I can buy a new wr they look really nice plus I'm a yamaha guy but at the same time I dont know fck is so hard to make a desision

I would go KTM too in your spot, the 350 makes more HP than a CRF-450R. The WR is more of a bottled up to pass emissions bike.

The 350 would be your best net, they have power and are great road/dirt bikes.