Sign in to follow this  

Crf250L Rad Guard/Skid Plate Templates.

Hi Everyone. New to the Forum here. I was wondering if anyone had access to or could make a template an Aftermarket Skid plate and also a Rad guard. I like the design of the flatland  racing rad guards and as the for skid the Flatland seems to be quite similar to others on the market. I am capable of making these myself and am looking for a small Fabricating project while the bike sits for the winter. If anyone could chime in and copy a link to the post or make a template that would be awesome. Thanks!

P.S. Bike is a 2014 CRF250L  :ride:

Edited by MATCHBOX250L
  • Like 1

Would you be kind enough to post a link? I cant seem to track it down. Not 100% if im going to make one similar to the stock or more like a Badlands one where they wrap around the frame to protect the water pump and cases. I like the R&G design for the skids having seperate plates to protect the engines vitals. Any thoughts? thanks !

Would you be kind enough to post a link? I cant seem to track it down. Not 100% if im going to make one similar to the stock or more like a Badlands one where they wrap around the frame to protect the water pump and cases. I like the R&G design for the skids having seperate plates to protect the engines vitals. Any thoughts? thanks !

My thoughts is to buy a Moose Racing plastic plate... 👍   I started out with a flatlands but the reverb noise drove me nuts on the highway. The plastic Moose is thick and strong and I do not think it will bend and dent like an aluminum one would and has no echoing reverb effect. 

here is the ADV post ...  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-crf250l-owners-thread.823409/page-703#post-27808491 

here are pic's of the Moose on my bike .... 

post-327736-1394309470275.jpg

post-327736-13943094938845.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

Ah didn't even realize it was plastic.. that would be a wise to use, the elastic limit of it would be much higher than any of the metals. Not sure which route to go yet but I appreciate the info .

• Like 1

Ah didn't even realize it was plastic.. that would be a wise to use, the elastic limit of it would be much higher than any of the metals. Not sure which route to go yet but I appreciate the info .

The only downside they are not cheap ... $150.00 ...  :banghead:

My thoughts is to buy a Moose Racing plastic plate... 👍   I started out with a flatlands but the reverb noise drove me nuts on the highway. The plastic Moose is thick and strong and I do not think it will bend and dent like an aluminum one would and has no echoing reverb effect. 

here is the ADV post ...  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-crf250l-owners-thread.823409/page-703#post-27808491 

here are pic's of the Moose on my bike .... 

post-327736-1394309470275.jpg

post-327736-13943094938845.jpg

Yes , this skid plate is well , made by my friends AXP Racing : check their website : www.axpracing.com :D