Sign in to follow this  

rmz250 kickstart stuck

ok so yesterday i was replacing the cylinder head cover gasket on my 2007 Rmz-250 then i put everythin back together and was going to start it up but the kickstarter was stuck it would not go down the bike has always ran good never had any problems. someone please tell me what the problem is thanks.

Make sure the timing chain is not jamming up on the cam gears or at the bottom where the timing marks are...also make sure the cams are installed correctly

ok so yesterday i was replacing the cylinder head cover gasket on my 2007 Rmz-250 then i put everythin back together and was going to start it up but the kickstarter was stuck it would not go down the bike has always ran good never had any problems. someone please tell me what the problem is thanks.

Not really sure what you took off but if your off on the timing by a good amount it's possible that your valve could be keeping the piston from coming up all of the way.

So I checked what you guys told me everything seems to be good. I took the spark plug out I think some gas might of got on it not to sure though do you think that could be the problem?

So I checked what you guys told me everything seems to be good. I took the spark plug out I think some gas might of got on it not to sure though do you think that could be the problem?

If you spent some time giving it gas when you were trying to start it it may have gotten flooded. How ever that wouldn't cause your crank not to spin. Remove the cams and try to see if the motor spins. If it still dosent want to spin remove the head and check your valves and see if it spins without the head on. If it spins fine without the head or cams this tells your problem is timing related. If it still dosent spin without the head your problem is further down. good luck

Edited by Ajf55