Sign in to follow this  

Battery Tender Lithium Ion Battery

It's near time for me to leave the frozen North (Carolina) and head towards AZ for a month or so of camping in the Sonoran and (mostly) off road riding. Once again I did not buy a KTM EXC ... so I was thinking of easy ways to lighten my DRZ-s a bit. Seems to me a new lithium Ion battery is a no-brainer.

I started with the 120c battery at about $81 ... and then noticed the 240c at about $101. According to specs it's still just a hair smaller than the OEM battery and gives twice the zap. That would seem to cover two bases ... (1) lighter (by 5 lbs) and (2) more cranking power (always in the back of my mind when 50 miles from nowhere ...particularly when me and the bike slide down a ravine upside down... ).

Any problem with this thinking ...?

sounds good to me .. im sure it has plenty but the C rating is a measure of how many amps it can supply, not its actual amp hour rating or how long it will last cranking .. a new battery either way is a good idea before an expedition ..

Those battery tender batteries are nice.

I have a Moty brand LiFePo4 battery. 11oz and is slightly larger then a deck of playing cards sitting in my air box (ditched the big battery box for cleaner look) Even that thing cranks the bike over better then the stock heavy battery and has worked flawless on my daily commuter for months.

Batteries are definatley the quickest, easiest way to lighten the load.

I went with the Shorai. It's half the weight of stock, cranks hard , and holds a charge forever.

• Like 1

I went with the Shorai. It's half the weight of stock, cranks hard , and holds a charge forever.

I have the Shorai in my DRZ also, plus 3 other bikes. They have served me well in each bike I've put one in.