Sign in to follow this  

Fork Seal replacement question (09 ktm 150sx)

So i've done fork seal jobs on both cartridge type and dual chamber style forks. You're gonna laugh when you read this but for some reason i can't get these dang dust seals off of my wp forks. Theyre not made like normal seals that you can just simply pop out with a flat blade screw driver. Anyone ran into this? Got any tips and tricks cause im at a loss right now over a freaking dust seal!!!!!!

Edited by dontmindifi2smoke

Warm the tubes to help them ease out ?get a wide flat blade with a thin tip and try your best to not damage the tubes

Warm the tubes to help them ease out ?get a wide flat blade with a thin tip and try your best to not damage the tubes

ok so it's not like your normal dust seal, the end that Butts up with the outer fork tube is actually a thin piece of rubber stuck around like a metal spacer and the dust seal is shoved up inside the tube so you can't get anything on it to get it out

1451852269878.jpg

No.

They look like KYB caps to me, you should be able to start with a small screwdriver tap it in with a hammer and pry then go to a larger screwdriver.