Sign in to follow this  

Give me your best guess how many hours on this?

Looking to buy this bike... I know there's no sure sign, but I think the wear on the cases is a good way to get close.

So give me your guess on how many hours are on this bike.  Only clue I'll give is its the latest generation CRF450 meaning its 13 and up.

I'll take your guess' first and then reveal the owners claim later.

crf450.jpg

My guess is 75 hours but it's hard to say. Some are just harder on clutch covers than others. My bro could make it look like that in a ride or two but I couldn't make it look like that in a year or two....lol And I was the faster one when we raced MX.

My guess is 75 hours but it's hard to say. Some are just harder on clutch covers than others. My bro could make it look like that in a ride or two but I couldn't make it look like that in a year or two....lol And I was the faster one when we raced MX.

LOL this is true, I feel I'm harder on the frame and upper plastic than I am on the cases, that is why I was looking for some opinions.  

Hard to tell from just the case.

If we could look at the bike as a whole and individual parts/wear items then it would be easier to guess.

I will say 50

The frame is awful clean. My clutch cover looked like that and I am at 95 hours on my 13. My frame shows way more wear though. What does the other side look like by the shifter? If I had to guess just based on this picture I would say 40-60 hours

Also the plastic doesn't have any wear marks on it? Is it brand new? Mine was showing wear after 1 hour

Less than 5hrs and my clutch cover looks like that if riding at a "dirty" mx track.

Also the plastic doesn't have any wear marks on it? Is it brand new? Mine was showing wear after 1 hour

The plastic is the original, was taken off when he bought it but he showed me the plastic he had on it.  Stock pipe was never used either.

About an hour if you found the posting on Craigslist. But that's a vet owned, always garaged, never raced hour. Lol

LOL, yes there's a lot of those on there!!  You forgot well maintained 

Less than 5hrs and my clutch cover looks like that if riding at a "dirty" mx track.

Rocky Hill isn't dirt......its....its......?

Owner says no more than 20 hours on it.  It is super clean. 2015

Seems like a legit guy/long time rider.  

Clutch covers were a good indicator before they were "known" as a wear indicator!! He could've easily had a Hinson cover on there, and swapped it out with his buddies stock cover.. Don't rely on a painted cover for guessing hrs..

Look at the footpeg teeth, brake rotors and caliper slide pins, frame at contact for the steering stops, and the bottom side of he seat where it contacts the frame. 

Just by looking at that pic, I would guess, from my type of riding and where I'm from, I'd say 40-45 hrs.