Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech Dashboard worth it? (for Vapor)

So I got a trailtech vapor for x-mas and while I would like one of the mounts that use the factory dash there are non currently avail. (if the cad file was still avail. I would look into having a batch run). 

So I have been looking into the avail. dash kit for a clean look, however I really don't want to cut the wring up. I am skilled with soldering and heatshrink, so I can make it happen, however I would prefer to keep the stock'r.

Is it worth going with the dash kit or should I just fab up my own mount and keep the factory dash?

Maybe this will help you? I build my own, $5 for the aluminum from a metal store (get the same thickness as the bracket for the ignition holder; this is important) and used a jigsaw with a wood blade to cut the shape. it took an evening and I couldn't be happier.

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/1129306-everlasts-build-thread-meandering-thoughts/?p=12294679

post-398589-14270698726934.jpg

• Like 5

Maybe this will help you? I build my own, $5 for the aluminum from a metal store (get the same thickness as the bracket for the ignition holder; this is important) and used a jigsaw with a wood blade to cut the shape. it took an evening and I couldn't be happier.

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/1129306-everlasts-build-thread-meandering-thoughts/?p=12294679

VERY NICE   👍

Looks good, I think I might try and fab up a mount, I have friends at the machine shop.

I designed a bracket like this but had issues because I have the stupid stock bar clamp. Which upper bar clamps did you get that are flat for this?

I designed a bracket like this but had issues because I have the stupid stock bar clamp. Which upper bar clamps did you get that are flat for this?

I believe that is an "SM" issue.  The S has a pretty flat top, non recessed bolt for the upper clamp.  The SM uses a recessed bolt which makes it difficult?

Great Work 👍

I have a 2015 sm and I also bought the vapor with the dash kit. I've been a Honda mechanic for 15 years and I couldn't get the blinker indicators to work for the life of me

I have a 2015 sm and I also bought the vapor with the dash kit. I've been a Honda mechanic for 15 years and I couldn't get the blinker indicators to work for the life of me

I found it relatively easy......... ( maybe because i am a Toyota tech..lol)and seperated them so that I have the right lower indicator for the right directional and the left lower indicator for the left directional. Right upper is for neutral and left upper is for high beam. I eliminated the temp light since their is a temp gauge now. Edited by jimneutron

Damn it I should of been a Toyota tech. Please please explain how you wired up the indicators. When I tried to wire the indicators all I got hazards lights

Damn it I should of been a Toyota tech. Please please explain how you wired up the indicators. When I tried to wire the indicators all I got hazards lights

thats what was happening with me as well. The circuit board on the stock setup must have a diode in it to prevent backfeed to the other side. So I just used a test light and probed the 2 turn signal power wires goind to the dash figered out what was right and left and wired it to its own indicator light. I do have the factory manual so it made life easy to determine wire colors in the schematics Edited by jimneutron

I would give you the wire colors but my manual is packed up among 90% of all my stuff since my house went on the market. Cant wait to sell and get down to NC and out of this cold. Its no fun riding with a ton of layers on

i can't tell in the picture, do you have a support on the back side of it ? 

If you're taking about the aluminum plate, no. I don't think it would bend with anything but a heavy hammer blow.

If you mean the Vapor, it's got two nuts on the back of it, so there are three holes in the plate, one for the wires and two for the bolts. I used thick orings in between the vapor and the plate to limit vibration.