Sign in to follow this  

Jetting question?

I know this isnt an LTZ 400 forum but I figured the DRZ has pretty much the same engine. I bought an FCR-MX 39 off an 04 yfz450 to put on my 2003 bone stock engine LTZ 400. Currently I have an FMF power bomb header, power core 4 exhaust, airbox removed with a aluminum tube intake, and a K&N filter with an outwears. I am at sea level. I would like to get the carb jetted as close as possible before I put it on the bike for the first time.

I noticed looking for sea level setups on the DRZ jetting database vs the suzukicentral LTZ database, that the DRZ guys are running leaner jets and different needles than the LTZ guys. Most of the LTZ guys are running 165-175 main jets with an NVCQ needle and a 42-50 pilot jet. While I see the DRZ guys are running 140-160 mains, EMN needle, and 42-45 pilot jets.  

What would you recommend my setup be? It is mainly a trail/woods ridden atv.

They probably run richer settings because the quad is heavier. The ltz also has more compression than the drz-s model so it can take more fuel. Since it came off a yzf450 it may be set up more or less close to what you need. See what it has in it right now. No one can tell you exactly what you need. Also with no air box the air velocity will be reduced requiring richer jets.